Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #31
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I am still very curious about that Brazil comment. What does it mean?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #32
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Actually, the whole "wild west" thing is more myth than actual fact.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...a-police-force
not for this guy, I the movie about hanging judge in Fort Smith was about Pistol Pete

Frank Boardman "Pistol Pete" Eaton (October 26, 1860 – April 8, 1958) was an American author, cowboy, scout, Indian fighter, and Deputy U. S. Marshal for Judge Isaac C. Parker.

When Eaton was eight years old, his father, a Vigilante, was shot in cold blood by six former Confederates, who during the war had served with the Quantrill Raiders. The six men, from the Campsey and the Ferber clans, rode with the southerners who after the war called themselves "Regulators." In 1868, Mose Beaman, his father's friend, said to Frank, "My boy, may an old man's curse rest upon you, if you do not try to avenge your father." That same year, Mose taught him to handle a gun, but it would take nineteen years for Frank to avenge his father.

At the age of fifteen, before setting off on his mission to avenge his father's death, he decided to visit Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, a cavalry fort, to learn more about how to handle a gun. Although too young to join the army, he outshot everyone at the fort and competed with the cavalry's best marksmen, beating them every time. After many competitions, the fort's commanding officer, Colonel Copinger, gave Frank a marksmanship badge and a new nickname. From that day forward, Frank would be known as "Pistol Pete."
During his teen years, Eaton was reputed to be faster on the draw than Buffalo Bill. From his first days as a lawman, he was said to "pack the fastest guns in the Indian Territory." By the end of his career, Eaton would allegedly have eleven notches on his gun.
He began serving in Indian Territory as a deputy U.S. Marshal at the age of seventeen, under Judge Isaac C. Parker, who was known as the "hanging judge." Eaton's territory extended from southern Kansas to northern Texas. He would later say that from the start of his career as a lawman he began tracking down his father's killers, claiming that by 1887 he had killed five of them, and that the sixth only escaped his gun by being shot by someone in a dispute over a game of cards.
Eaton was said to have been given a cross by a girlfriend, which he wore around his neck and which saved his life when it deflected a bullet during a gunfight. He would write later that, "I’d rather have the prayers of a good woman in a fight than half a dozen hot guns: she’s talking to Headquarters."
Eaton would serve as either a marshal, a sheriff or a deputy sheriff until late in life. At twenty-nine, he joined the land rush to Oklahoma Territory. He settled southwest of Perkins, Oklahoma where he served as sheriff and later became a blacksmith. He was married twice, had nine children, 31 grandchildren, and lived to see three great-great-grandchildren. He died on April 8, 1958 at the age of 97.

on OSU's sports boards, my handle is Frank Eaton
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #33
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think it would be great for ALL county sherrifs to sponsor classes and instruction on proper and safe gun handling for all law abiding citizens.
In Texas the Department of Public Safety does that through concealed carry licensing.

I would "assume" that most states with a CHL program do the same.

Most "gun shops" have some sort of "classes" available ....

.... and the NRA sponsors "classes" as well on "gun" handling.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Actually, the whole "wild west" thing is more myth than actual fact.
There was "actual fact," but it was different than the portrayals in "popular" media .....

... kinda like the internet chat rooms and boards!

Look up Ben Thompson .. Marshall of Austin, Texas

Actually an Englishman.

He was a Colt-man.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #35
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I am still very curious about that Brazil comment. What does it mean?

there are more gun related deaths in Brazil than the US.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #36
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
In Texas the Department of Public Safety does that through concealed carry licensing.

I would "assume" that most states with a CHL program do the same.

Most "gun shops" have some sort of "classes" available ....

.... and the NRA sponsors "classes" as well on "gun" handling.

Missouri passed a law that recognizes other states CC.So you can write Virginia (may be wrong on this) send them $50 and receive through the mail a CC that is legal.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #37
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Missouri passed a law that recognizes other states CC.So you can write Virginia (may be wrong on this) send them $50 and receive through the mail a CC that is legal.
Without actually looking up Virginia law on the topic, my experience with "licensing" and "authorizations" interstate is that the target state requires an application, confirmation of an existing, current license, and "background" check consistent with the target state's local requirements, plus the fee, of course. In fact I just "renewed" in another state and was required to affirm nothing had changed from my original application when I paid the "renewal" fee. It was not Virginia. I also think that a target state will want a recent re-qualification certificate from the licensing state.

Here is Virginia's application: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads...v_7-1-2012.pdf

For "non-resident" .. and qualification requirements. The same.

I support a "national standard" for CHL, but how one enforces it on a national level is problematic. We have "uniform" codes and requirements in many areas, but each state "tweaks" its one "uniform" code, but the published "uniform code" is a "minimum" standard. A state can increase the standard.

After re-reading your post ... I checked "Missouri" ...

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5710000101.htm

Missouri Revised Statute 571.101 gives the State's qualifications.

Although I don't see an "out-of-state" application, I will look further.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #38
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Without actually looking up Virginia law on the topic, my experience with "licensing" and "authorizations" interstate is that the target state requires an application, confirmation of an existing, current license, and "background" check consistent with the target state's local requirements, plus the fee, of course. In fact I just "renewed" in another state and was required to affirm nothing had changed from my original application when I paid the "renewal" fee. It was not Virginia. I also think that a target state will want a recent re-qualification certificate from the licensing state.

Here is Virginia's application: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads/SP-248_Application_for_Concealed_ Handgun_Permit_Rev_7-1-2012.pdf

For "non-resident" .. and qualification requirements. The same.

I support a "national standard" for CHL, but how one enforces it on a national level is problematic. We have "uniform" codes and requirements in many areas, but each state "tweaks" its one "uniform" code, but the published "uniform code" is a "minimum" standard. A state can increase the standard.

After re-reading your post ... I checked "Missouri" ...

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5710000101.htm

Missouri Revised Statute 571.101 gives the State's qualifications.

Although I don't see an "out-of-state" application, I will look further.

See the following:

571.107. 1. A concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize the person in whose name the permit or endorsement is issued to carry concealed firearms on or about his or her person or vehicle throughout the state. No driver's license or nondriver's license containing a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:"
[a list of prohibited places follows]

I saw no requirement for a non-resident carry like Virginia.. but I would certain check first.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #39
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

So why, pray tell, would republicans want the US to be like Brazil?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #40
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default More debunking of Wyatt's "Buntline Myth"

'The rest of Wyatt's Dodge City use of the Buntline Special according to Stuart Lake, consisted of "buffaloing' overzealous lawbreakers. The most colorful of these incidents supposedly occurred around September 24, 1878, when, aided by his friend Doc Holliday, the consumptive gun-fighting dentist, Wyatt arrested Tobe Driskill, Ed Morrison, and some 25 of their gun-toting comrades in front of the Long Branch saloon. In reply to Doc's query of what should be done with their captives, Lake explains, "Wyatt Earp took a single step toward Ed Morrison and, before that individual or any of his followers sensed what was happening, laid the barrel of his Buntline Special over the cowboy's head." [94] Doc Holliday then intervened before one of the crowd could "pot-shot" Earp by wounding the misguided fellow in the shoulder. "Next morning Driskill and Morrison were fined one hundred dollars apiece, and each of the others, twenty-five dollars." [95]

The trouble with this tale is that in all likelihood it never took place. Although Wyatt Earp admitted Doc Holliday once saved his life in Dodge City, [96] the incident did not occur as Lake described. First of all, there is no mention of this affair in either Dodge City newspaper and files for that period are complete. Secondly, this story is unsupported by entries in the docket of the police judge.

The late Stanley Vestal enjoyed access to this vital source, which has since disappeared. However, Vestal recorded the information that between July 5, 1878, and August 5, 1879, ". . . Wyatt Earp arrested or filed complaints against thirty-five persons." [97] Yet the names of Tobe Driskill and Ed Morrison are not listed. While it is conceivable some arrests may have escaped entry in the police judge's docket, a mass action involving 25 armed and defiant men would hardly go unnoticed by both the court recorder and Dodge City's two newspapers. The pages of the press actually point out that the Driskill boys, Tobe and Bud, spent much of this time in the field, at one point with Captain Hemphill's company, during the Dull Knife scare. Marauding Indians had reportedly killed two herders at the Driskill's camp.

Aside from Wyatt's pistol-whipping arrest of Curly Bill Brocius, following the shooting of Tombstone city marshal, Fred White, in October of 1880, [98] or his similar manhandling of Tom McLaury one year later, [99] the most famous instance of Wyatt Earp raising a weapon against human adversaries is now legendary. This celebrated clash, involving three of the Earp brothers, Virgil, Wyatt, and Morgan, together with Doc Holliday, against Ike and Billy Clanton and their allies Frank and Tom McLaury, erupted on Wednesday afternoon, October 26, 1881. For over four decades Western authors and motion picture writers have postured this desperate battle as the "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral." A chilling but inaccurate sobriquet!'

http://www.kshs.org/p/kansas-histori...ial-myth/13255
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women