Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60274
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41328
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #31
VegasStud
Account Disabled

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
Longer is so liberal he scares other liberals, what you are experiencing with him here is the desperation of the left side tryng to save gu control since their President did not go far enough on his own, and they no their is no hope through legislation. Oh and longer you can try and discredit me all you want, I am a former criminal who paid his price to society and changed my ways, I pay far more in taxes and contribute far more to society then you ever will. The fact remains, yes I am an x criminal, but you are and will forever remain a women beater with erectile dysfunctions, have you beat anymore women lately.

Oh by the way, how am I the leader in this, I expressed an opinion based on life experiences, it is flattering that you acknowlegded the wisdom of my words and conceded that what I was saying was right and a threat to your cause. By the way is this a paying position, should I expect some kind of check. So now why dont you return to the rock you have been hiding under, and stop trying to start shit with me.
THIS $HIT JUST GOT REAL
VegasStud is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #32
bartipero
Valued Poster

Re: "...[T]he desperation of the left side tryng to save gu[n] control since their President did not go far enough on his own, and they [know there] is no hope through legislation. ..."

Clearly, they have been looking for an 'in' to run gun control again since the '94 law expired. This faction has been confounded by the fact that the former law didn't work, support for gun rights has actually grown, and liberal arguments for it are too easily shot down--cheesy pun intended. So what better opportunity than to be early in your term, a defining event occurs and there you are. But emotion has a way of quickly subsiding or changing to something else once cause is again defined by common sense.

Call Obama what you will, but the fact of the matter is he is a left leaning moderate. If he has a clear path, he will cut left like he did with health care. He doesn't, so he won't burn political capital on lost causes he can't win. He'll give it lots of lip service and run in what he can, but he won't fall on this, not even as a lame duck. There is no guess work here as they know how this goes. They have already missed their window. It was too short and they knew it. That is why you saw Biden's panel. That is the 'do something' cry at work.

O's pattern is to take a plan and ram it through early in his term if it's controversial and position the rest for negotiation or another run at an opportune place. It gives him rehab time with the public. He did that with health care, the budget, and taxes. He is done with taxes and health care, but the set up is there for the second run on those other issues. But gun control? It's done already. Why? Simple. It can't pass the House, maybe not the Senate, either, and trying to ram it through will probably fail.

Whether or not it does is mostly irrelevant as in either case it risks turning Congress and many Democratically governed states over to Republican rule via coat tail results in the mid-term elections--which is exactly what happened after the '94 law was passed. The risk is now greater as Republicans could get a veto proof majority out of it in the next election if the current fight and policies of the last 6 years should backfire on O. In a country voting 50-50 in elections because the middle isn't clearly held it's a realistic risk, and he can't afford to lose the Senate for there lies his ability to graft his legacy--and a liberal leaning appointee--into the Supreme Court. It also would render him toothless and potentially unwind health care and everything else, never to be regained.

Should that balance decisively change to a safer framework after the next election you could see the gun issue return, but only 'if', and lots if things could drive that, including more gun events. This is clearly the case. But for recent events O wouldn't have touched it. The fact he didn't before tells you that much. Not one direct word was about it in the Inaugural Address. People are showing their preferences in the rush to gun purchases in the past few weeks. Those are votes to a politician.

We don't get a clear feeling of other parts of the country, but there are a few obvious factors. One is the southern border which is holding the line on an open drug war. Texas alone is 20 million votes--and they are not surrendering their individual security, nor is Arizona, New Mexico or southern Nevada--Harry Reid land, and they really don't like him at home. These are just a few reasons. There are many more. Examples include Bill Clinton acknowledging his support for the '94 law was his mistake, Hillary wanting to run, and the continuing risk to Democrats. So stick a fork in it, lunch has been served.

And that's my speech.
bartipero is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women