Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48371
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #16
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Actually, you are wrong there, too. The Framers knew a democracy led to disaster, which is why they founded our government on law, the Constitution, and not the will of the majority. They understood that the majority would always vote themselves into dependence. They tried everything they could to limit the will of the majority when they went afoul of the enumerated powers of the Constitution.
No, I'm not wrong there, either. Are you saying we don't have the power to vote Congressmen out?

Of course we do. The fact that we don't means we have a lazy electorate or at least 51% or more of the people are content with their Congressmen. Tough luck if you are part of the 49%. But that is how democracy works.

And the Constitutions does limit the power of the majority in many ways. But not on spending. That is straight up vote on who gets the money and who doesn't.

And really, how could it be otherwise? Do you really want to live in a country where a minority of the Congress, not the majority, controls spending?

Contrary to what you wrote above, our government IS founded on the will of the majority, but with important restrictions on what the majority can do to abuse the minority. But those restrictions don't apply to the spending power.

Quote:
We should not have to vote them out. They should never have gotten in in the first place.
What is that supposed to mean?

Do you have some crystal ball that you can peer into to tell us who the "good" candidates are and who the bad candidates are?

Quote:
Repeal the ghastly 17th Amendment, and see how much power will be returned to the states.
That I actually support.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

I love America. I just hate stupid zealots. You probably wish you were living back then so you could burn witches...

you babble on so long and so often that it's easy to predict when you've moved into the "indefensible bullshit zone," and are about to get your ass handed to you again. It usually begins with a statement of nonsense, followed by a passionate and condescending defense of the nonsense, followed by insults, followed by getting your ass handed to you.

Like in this thread.

Babble on, Unawhiner !
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

"Our tenet ever was that Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated, and that, as it was never meant that they should provide for that welfare but by the exercise of the enumerated powers, so it could not have been meant they should raise money for purposes which the enumeration did not place under their action; consequently, that the specification of powers is a limitation of the purposes for which they may raise money. "
-- Thomas Jefferson letter to Albert Gallatin, 1817

Madison was not in power when that occurred. I'd like to see on what basis Congress authorized that, but it is clear there was never any intent by the Founders to allow Congress to spend money on anything it damn well wants.

Here's Madison on the same topic:

"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one...."
-- James Madison, letter to Edmund Pendleton, January 21, 1792

It's pretty clear that Madison has a much clearer idea of the Constitution than our current legislators. I agree with him. And I think my "cramped" reading of the Constitution is quite likely very close to Madison's.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
No, I'm not wrong there, either. Are you saying we don't have the power to vote Congressmen out? They run on getting money for their constituents.

Of course we do. The fact that we don't means we have a lazy electorate or at least 51% or more of the people are content with their Congressmen. Tough luck if you are part of the 49%. But that is how democracy works. We are NOT a democracy! In the late 1700s "democrat" was an insult!

And the Constitutions does limit the power of the majority in many ways. But not on spending. That is straight up vote on who gets the money and who doesn't. See my earlier post. That is simply not true.

And really, how could it be otherwise? Do you really want to live in a country where a minority of the Congress, not the majority, controls spending? No. I want to live in a country where the established rule of law is followed. Once an electorate learns they can vote themselves money from the Treasury, they will ALWAYS vote that way

Contrary to what you wrote above, our government IS founded on the will of the majority, but with important restrictions on what the majority can do to abuse the minority. But those restrictions don't apply to the spending power. Yes, they do.

Do you have some crystal ball that you can peer into to tell us who the "good" candidates are and who the bad candidates are? No, I can figure that out on my own, which is why I never vote for Democrats or Republicans.
Sorry, ExNYer. You're simply wrong on this one.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:53 AM   #20
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

According to Obama, my taxzes are investing in America. I think I have a piss poor investment advisor, it does not seem like his portfolio is performing very well.

YOu know when I get my statement from my investment accounts it generally shows what my return on investment is. Sure don't get that from the government.

I hope all of those people charging their cars are using solar panels or windmills. Sure hate to know they are using coal fired power plants to charge them or god forbid a nuke.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Musk was mainly in internet entrepeneur who made billions with PayPal and Youtube. There was a cable TV special on his life and his accomplishments at a young age. His Telsa motor startup was financed with his money. He did get interest and money from both Benz and GM. I don't know if those $ ultimately came from Uncle Same. He then got big money from Uncle Sam. His car had several innovations that made it investment worthy. There's been a lot of problems with ramping the car in full scale
because the company is more engineering than bringing the car to full scale production.

I hope he is successful with Telsa and SpaceX program.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I wish him success as well; but NOT with taxpayer money...let him fund his activities thru private equity venture capital !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women