Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70518
biomed161324
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453083
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47920
pyramider46370
bambino40548
CryptKicker37123
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Sweet Pea Memorial Pet Food Drive

My 4th annual creature comforts campaign, now named the Sweet Pea Memorial Pet Food Drive in honor of my recently passed wee woofer, is in full swing and I expect it to exceed the 3 previous years by far! I'd like to thank my gentlemen friends who have contributed to it, Olivia Howard and her gentlemen friends, other ladies for donating funds that I will soon be taking to Pet Smart and converting into bags of food, and a big kiss to 1Curiousguy for providing puppy provision transport.

Over 300 lbs of kitty kibbles and dog chow collected so far:
Sweet Pea Drive 12-10-12.JPG

This time of year animal charities really need help, as the critters are often overlooked in the season's stressful hullabaloo. If you can't find the room in your heart or the space at your residence to adopt a new furry family member this Christmas, please give to the shelter in your area. Here's a list (modified from the website of this year's Sweet Pea recipient) of what ALL homeless pet facilities can use:

Shelter Wish List Items

Towels, blankets, and quilts
Shelters can never have enough towels and blankets! Contact your friends, relatives, and neighbors for good, used items for bathing and bedding. (I just went through my home and incall and gathered up a big pile. Gives me an excuse to buy prettier, shamrock-green linens.) Check with some of your local thrift stores for resale items or local stores where you shop for discounted towels, sheets and blankets to donate.

Pet food, treats, and stainless steel food/water dishes
Ask your local stores for discounts on pet foods and supplies bought for shelters and invite them to provide donations. You might be pleasantly surprised at the merchants' generosity and compassion! Nutritious dry and wet canned foods for both cats and dogs are always welcome contributions to any animal food pantry. (FYI, small kibble puppy food and kitty pâté are especially in short supply during the late spring and summer, when shelters receive so many litters of unwanted babies.)

Pet carriers, wire crates, and portable play yards
Portable pet carriers and crates are needed to transport pets to veterinarians, off-site adoptions or for use in foster care. Portable play yards (plastic or wire fencing that snaps together) are useful in the pet visitation areas, bath areas, and puppy rooms at shelters as a place for puppies and kittens to play or meet their potential new owners.

Shampoos and other grooming items
Flea shampoo, medicated shampoo for soothing the itch, coat conditioners, brushes, and Dawn liquid dish washing detergent are needed year-round, in addition to flea preventives like Capstar.

Toys!
Durable plastic or hard rubber toys that can be quickly and easily disinfected are the best, especially for the puppies. Kitty balls and other cat toys are great for our feline friends and Frisbees and rope chews are perfect for our older canine “kids.” In the heat of summer, small baby pools for outdoor playtime and just beating the heat make those “dog days” more bearable!

Cleaning supplies
Bleach solution, mops, brooms, buckets and pails, squeegees, sponges, laundry detergent, paper towels, antibacterial hand wipes, and lots of good quality kitty litter are needed.

Kuranda Dog Beds
Shelters need bedding that will get the animals off the floors when they lie down and provide many other benefits related to the care of sheltered dogs and cats, like cleaner, easier maintenance of pet and temporary domicile. Kuranda beds are exceptionally appropriate. Visit their site to see how to donate a bed to any shelter: http://kuranda.com/donate

Again, thanks to everyone who's contributed in honor of Sweet Pea. She's wagging her tail in doggy heaven, I'm sure. The staff at my chosen shelter was just about beside themselves in appreciation. Contact me if you'd like to know the name of the facility (since I cannot publicize it on ECCIE) and/or see a receipt for the donations, or better yet, if you'd like to help make the lives of wee creatures more comfortable this Christmas.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
1Curiousguy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 16

You, the Memory of Sweet Pea and all the animals at the shelter are more than welcome. (But I still want to collect my big kiss!)
1Curiousguy is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Curiousguy View Post
You, the Memory of Sweet Pea and all the animals at the shelter are more than welcome. (But I still want to collect my big kiss!)
Anytime, luv, anytime.

By the way, everyone, this was just the first supply drop for Operation Sweet Pea. My pet food drive runs through Christmas.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Actually, due to the acute needs of the shelter, I'm extending the drive through New Year's. Anyone who wants to contribute anything to wee woofs and REAL pussies, please contact me. Thanks!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Just went over the 400-lb mark in food collection!Come on, pet-luvin' ECCIE people, please help me make it 500 by New Year's.

Also been pledged a pet carrier. If you have one in good shape gathering dust in your garage or attic, let me know.

The shelter animals appreciate your generosity, and so do I.

Not disposable.jpg
Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Guest071514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 119544
My ECCIE Reviews

I want to help. PM me an address so I can send a donation love
Guest071514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

This year's drive has been frickin' amazing! I was going to close this thread and post another with the results, but I have a few more pledged donations to collect, so I'll hold off a wee bit. Thank you, guys and gals, for your phenomenal generosity! If anyone still wants to help homeless little animals, please contact me.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
Guest071514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 119544
My ECCIE Reviews

I say keep going till you collect 1000 ponds of pet food Fancy
Guest071514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustyamy View Post
I say keep going till you collect 1000 ponds of pet food Fancy
Thought about it, but everybody will get tired of my whining, or of the chihuahuas' whining, literally. A charitable "drive" can only go so long. I'll try for that 1,000-lb goal next year.

I'll be posting a new thread tomorrow with the final tally. I have one last bag of kitty food being delivered tonight, perhaps via Ark if this pouring-cats-and-dogs-and-frogs rain continues!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
wanker
Gaining Momentum

Seriously?
wanker is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
Guest021817-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanker View Post
Seriously?

Dude........

Why even comment?

You Have No Clue..... Go find the nakkie pics you were looking for, and keep your fingers off the keyboard for a few days.
Guest021817-2 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women