Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60240
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48400
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41294
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35708
Mojojo33117

Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

User ID: 110494
My ECCIE Reviews
Lightbulb Best Self Help Books

LOL and I don't mean sexual self help.

I'm currently reading a book called The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss and I must say I'm extremely impressed. It completely takes you out of the mindset that we normally are stuck in. It pushes your comfort zone but in a good way. Oh and it has been on The New York's Bestseller list.

I've also read The Secret which is extremely good too. I bought the companion books to it a few months ago but have yet to start reading them. Those are next though.
Ms. Milani is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

I had to read a lot of those types of books ("Getting to Yes", "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" etc.) but never could get myself to believe in what they were preaching. However, according to my intellectual profile, (everyone at my company took one a few years back as part of some bullshit team-building exercise) I am a very skeptical person, and not easily persuaded to change my opinion.
Marcus78 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
joesnapshot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Check this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Proj...owth+happiness

One of the best that I've read.
Self help is really about your outlook on life and your perception of "self", not so much about external stuff.
joesnapshot is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus78 View Post
I had to read a lot of those types of books ("Getting to Yes", "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" etc.) but never could get myself to believe in what they were preaching. However, according to my intellectual profile, (everyone at my company took one a few years back as part of some bullshit team-building exercise) I am a very skeptical person, and not easily persuaded to change my opinion.
I have this book too. It's on my to read list. I love these books. Try and read the 4-Day Workweek and let me know your thoughts. It doesn't try to make you believe something weird but it just shows you another way to do things.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesnapshot View Post
Check this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Proj...owth+happiness

One of the best that I've read.
Self help is really about your outlook on life and your perception of "self", not so much about external stuff.
Have you read the Secret? It seems similar. They turned it into a movie. This is the first 20 minutes. I have the actual movie and it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
Sonya Playmate
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaya View Post
LOL and I don't mean sexual self help.

I'm currently reading a book called The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss and I must say I'm extremely impressed. It completely takes you out of the mindset that we normally are stuck in. It pushes your comfort zone but in a good way. Oh and it has been on The New York's Bestseller list.

I've also read The Secret which is extremely good too. I bought the companion books to it a few months ago but have yet to start reading them. Those are next though.
Books are wonderful! I always enjoying learning new things.
Sonya Playmate is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Iworkout65
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

This book was given to me and was very informative. I'd highly reccomend it to any one who is looking for a blueprint for personal, acedemic or business success. It is very informational and truly has helped me. I think you'll enjoy it!

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible By Brian Tracy

http://www.amazon.com/Goals-Everythi...ls+brian+tracy
Iworkout65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iworkout65 View Post
This book was given to me and was very informative. I'd highly reccomend it to any one who is looking for a blueprint for personal, acedemic or business success. It is very informational and truly has helped me. I think you'll enjoy it!

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible By Brian Tracy

http://www.amazon.com/Goals-Everythi...ls+brian+tracy
I've heard many great things about Brian Tracy. I will have to check this book out.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Anything from this line kinda helps me stumble along

Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

I've read all of the above books. One thing we should consider is...we can read every self-help book available, but without applying ourselves...nothing we read will ever be helpful.

Marcus, when I worked for a large Defense Contracting Corp...that was also a required reading! We had to put in 40hrs of courses every year...team building was prior #1!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
BoomShakaLaka
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

What the bleep do we know and Down the Rabbit Hole (Along the lines of The Secret)

Check out Conversations with God and Look up Abraham Hicks
BoomShakaLaka is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #12
Mike6082
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Penthouse letters helps me take care of myself.

Sorry- I knew someone was gonna say it. Damn I held off two days before I posted it
Mike6082 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

Another one worth mentioning (although maybe not self-help in the traditional sense) is, "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. In many regards, some of the principles seem absurdly clear, (it more or less gets you to a mindset of thinking like your grandparents would have thought "back in the day") but the ways in which he illustrates his points drives the message home and can really lead to a whole new life plan if budgeting and money is a problem for someone. Like I said, I am a skeptic, but when you have charts, diagrams and hard math to illustrate a point, (especially the stuff about interests on loans and how much that $20,000.00 car you just have to drive will truly cost you) it is eye-opening!
Marcus78 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women