Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70699
biomed162449
Yssup Rider60305
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48415
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41382
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35780
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Default Bill Clinton Requested $60 million to Place Cops in Schools

http://www.theblogmocracy.com/2012/1...ps-in-schools/

Yesterday the NRA proposed placing armed police officers in every school to protect our children and the media has gone into full mockery mode. However, in April 2000, on the one year anniversary of the Columbine massacre, Bill Clinton essentially made the same proposal and the media was just fine with it.
Today, the same elite media who no doubt send their own kids to private schools that employ armed security, just can’t stop howling ridicule at the NRA’s idea to give every student in America those same protections. Because the NRA’s idea is so appealing, as I write this, the media’s going overboard, mocking it as bizarre, crazy, and out of touch.
This is how the media works to silence and vilify the opposition and to ensure that only their ideas control The Narrative. The media doesn’t care about securing our schools; they only care about coming after our guns and handing Obama another political win.
The media also doesn’t care how wildly hypocritical they look.
In their zeal to rampage this left-wing agenda, the media has apparently forgotten that back in 2000, on the one-year anniversary of the Columbine shooting (which occurred with an assault weapons ban in place), President Clinton requested $60 million in federal money to fund a fifth round of funding for a program called “COPS in School,” a program that does exactly what the NRA is proposing and the media is currently in overdrive mocking.
Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for “COPS in School,” a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities.
“Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need,” Clinton said.
TheDaliLama is online now   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but sometimes I think the media has a left wing bias.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Didn't work with just armed guards in columbine guess he wanted trained police.No report in the news I watch has mocked the idea of course I don;t watch fox.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Neither the staff will be the first to go.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
If they can read the signs they are already too close to the school.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Main stream media considers everything proposed by the left to be wise and noble. When conservatives propose the same course of action it's dismissed by MSM as crazy talk.

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
“Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need,” Clinton said.
Agency sent desk jockies over to the local schools to patrol. The districts were asked to train them, but would not pay for it, and the local agencies had almost no "school training" courses for their desk jockies to attend. The local agency got the Fed funding to put the officers in the school. It was a financial fiasco. Looks good on paper.

The agencies did the same with Clinton's putting "500,000 new officers on the street" program ... 500,000 officers were not ADDED .. they were taken off desks and put in the street ... to get the Fed funds. Then as the funding dwindled down over the four year period (for colleged educated officers) and the local agency could not afford them any more, because of the lack of Fed. funds, they pulled them off the street.

It is expensive to put an officer on the street .... hardware costs, maintenance, and fuel.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Bump
Old 12-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Bump
Always stirring the pot!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

I can't help it. Lol!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Always stirring the pot!
I didn't realize Lama was busy "stirring the pot, I thought he was buffing cum stains off of the Palace Inn floors!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
he was buffing cum stains off of the Palace Inn floors!
He learnt dat in boy scouts. Cleanin up after himself.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Main stream media considers everything proposed by the left to be wise and noble. When conservatives propose the same course of action it's dismissed by MSM as crazy talk.
Sadly, the support of an idea IS too much a function of who proposes it. Yes, much of the media did flip-flop on police in the schools. But so did the republicans. many were against it when Clinton proposed it BECAUSE he did.

Neither side is right to do that. An idea should be evaluated on its merits, but that hardly ever happens. Don't think "conservatives" are any more righteous in this regard. They are no worse as a group, but certainly no better.

And NEITHER side has explained how they would pay for it.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women