Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67
Default I'm not coming for your guns, but most American would like to get them!

I find it fascinating that such a large percent of this poll indicates that ALL guns should be illegal for common citizens. They're off the edge almost as much as the fuckers who want to give teachers guns, but America is CLEARLY TRENDING toward tighter controls on guns.

That said, if you want to "bare arms," then wear a shirt like Larry the Cable Guy. Fuck! You probably already do!

According to a fresh CNN poll:

CNN Poll: Bare majority now support major gun restrictions

Posted by
CNN Political Unit
Washington (CNN) – Americans are reacting to the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut with elevated levels of anger, shock and fear that have led a growing number of people to look for action from the government and society that can prevent future incidents, according to a new national survey.

And the CNN/ORC International poll released Wednesday also indicates that a bare majority now favor major restrictions on owning guns or an outright ban on gun ownership by ordinary citizens and more than six in ten favor a ban on semi-automatic assault rifles.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

The survey was conducted Monday and Tuesday, following Friday's horrific incident at Sandy Hook Elementary School when a gunman armed with a semi-automatic rifle killed 20 young children and six adults.

Forty-six percent of people questioned in the poll say that that government and society can take action to prevent future gun violence. That's up 13 percentage points from January 2011, following a shooting incident in Tucson, Arizona that left six dead and some, including then Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, severely injured. A 53% majority still believes that attacks will continue to happen regardless of any action taken, but that's down 13 points from January 2011.

"Any changes in attitudes towards guns and gun violence are likely due to the highly emotional reaction many Americans have had to the recent shootings," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-restrictions/
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Yes and after 9-11 something like 90% supported the war in Afghanistan. I highly doubt that it currently would be the same. Support for the Patriot act was high in the beginning, that is until people started to learn what was in the bill. It would be a shame if the populace continues to fail to learn from their mistakes.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Currently? Are you talking about Afghanistan or guns?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I don't want to say that Whatzup is lying but he is full of shit. http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...own/?mobile=nc

The number of people wanting a assault weapon ban is only 51% even after Newtown. This is the high water mark for you Whatzup. Unless you want another school shooting this is it. It goes down here after this. So before you have a premature emaculation you are going to lose.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default 100 Bazillion Flies Can't Be Wrong - Eat Sh*t

Obviously, moving too quickly after a watershed event, especially one that has resulted in anger and/or fear has been shown over and over not to be a real good plan. But, it is the best time to begin to have REAL conversations about the most workable reaction.

Whether the real number is 51% or 91% in favor of the total ban on assault weapons is immaterial. We have a responsibility to hold back the stampede towards over reaction and over correction. It's called the "tyranny of the masses" for a good reason and the herd mentality must be checked. Otherwise, our government and society will look like a ping pong match with things swinging wildly back and forth on an all too regular basis. This is true whether or not the subject is assault weapons or some other "reform" of ANY regulation.

Digging ones heels in while maintaining ones head firmly planted in the sand - on either side - isn't any better of a solution to solving a problem than throwing the baby out with the bath water while rushing wildly about attempting a "fix" or "reform."
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Talk about digging in one's heels. The left has called the tune around schools for over 30 years. They are digging in their heel's when the evidence is shouting that they were wrong. Gun control, gun free zones, and gun bans are not working. The first step is to admit that you have a problem.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Talk about digging in one's heels. The left has called the tune around schools for over 30 years. They are digging in their heel's when the evidence is shouting that they were wrong. Gun control, gun free zones, and gun bans are not working. The first step is to admit that you have a problem.
It has nothing to do with left wing or right wing. Texas, for example, is about as right wing as you can get with Republican control almost statewide. If a bill is brought up allowing handguns on school grounds in some manner, it is very likely that it will pass. The reason such a bill has never been brought up is that mainstream Texans do not support such a bill. That is not to say that a few over-zealos lawmakers will not bring a bill onto the floor.

My wife is a teacher (HS). My step-daughter is a teacher (MHS). Neither want anything to do with guns and they are in a great majority in the teaching world. As others have mentioned, teachers want to teach. That is their job and what they are paid to do.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Currently? Are you talking about Afghanistan or guns?
Currently less than 90% support the war in Afghanistan.

I was saying that the support that is seen after a tragedy will always be higher until some time has passed.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Well Speedie I am a teacher and a CCW holder. I would like the right to protect myself or students with the best chance of survival which to me is a pistol. I am not the only one.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I don't want to say that Whatzup is lying but he is full of shit. http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...own/?mobile=nc

The number of people wanting a assault weapon ban is only 51% even after Newtown. This is the high water mark for you Whatzup. Unless you want another school shooting this is it. It goes down here after this. So before you have a premature emaculation you are going to lose.
I think the article said a majority. last time I looked 51% was a majority.

I guess you don't teach math either.

I suppose you believe we should all have AKs...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women