Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48040
pyramider46370
bambino40768
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default More Obama Police State News To Make The Liberals Happy

The President bypasses Congress (who needs a Congress anyway, when you are the Messiah?) to impose "black boxes" in cars, so the government can track your movements. Oh, sure, the government says it's only so they can get better data on traffic accidents. Government wouldn't lie, would they? Nah. Don't you feel safer already?

Here's the article:

Bypassing Congress, the Obama administration has issued a proposed administrative rule, which if adopted, would mandate the installation of "black boxes" in all automobiles and light trucks beginning in 2014.

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) proposed the regulation on Dec. 7, which it said “would capture valuable safety-related data in the seconds before and during a motor vehicle crash.”

The proposed standard would require automakers to install event data recorders (EDRs) – so-called “black box devices” -- to collect specific safety related data in all light passenger vehicles beginning Sept. 1, 2014.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said approximately 96 percent of model year 2013 passenger cars and light-duty vehicles are already equipped with black-box capability.

“By understanding how drivers respond in a crash and whether key safety systems operate properly, NHTSA and automakers can make our vehicles and our roadways even safer,” LaHood said in a news release. “This proposal will give us the critical insight and information we need to save more lives.”

EDRs do not collect any personal identifying information or record conversations and do not run continuously, according to LaHood.

After a crash or air bag deploys, the EDR would collects data in the seconds before and during a crash, including: vehicle speed; whether the brake was activated in the moments before a crash; crash forces at the moment of impact; information about the state of the engine throttle; air bag deployment timing and air bag readiness prior to the crash and whether the vehicle occupant’s seat belt was buckled.

But Horace Cooper of the National Center for Public Policy Analysis called the move “an unprecedented breach of privacy for Americans.”

“Not only will this new requirement give new resources and data to the DOT to support more economically-damaging regulations in the future, this mandate itself represents an unprecedented breach of privacy for Americans,” he said.

Cooper said that contrary to what is being claimed, EDRs “can and will track the comings and goings of car owners and even their passengers.”

Black boxes, he said, are already being used to track myriad activities -- and what they can record is virtually unlimited, he said.

“EDRs not only provide details necessary for accident investigation, they can also track travel records, passenger usage, cell phone use and other private data -- who you visit, what you weigh, how often you call your mother and more is captured by these devices,” he said.

House Republicans, citing privacy concerns, had succeeded in removing a Senate provision requiring EDRs from the final transportation bill earlier this year.

But GOP members were not alone in their concerns about the proposal. Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Mass.) tried unsuccessfully to introduce a measure that would allow car owners to disconnect or disable EDRs.

"Consumers should have control over the information collected by event data recorders in vehicles that they own and they should have the option of disabling the device if they choose to do so. This is a basic issue of privacy," Rep. Capuano said at the time, in a statement.

The public now has 60 days to comment on the proposed rule, which will be published in the Federal Register.

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/ob...s-beginning-14
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

COG, I see your point of view.... I just disagree .

While even the smallest thing can have the biggest effect....
I don't think THIS particular rat is carrying the bounonic.

They have flight data recorders in aero planes. Have had them for a while.
Do you think we should have them all removed?

I think this is a valuable technology. For example, In instances where there is a
fatality in a motor vehicle or aviation incident. The recorder is in a way... A voice for the dead. Could likely exonerate the innocent , or implicate the guilty .

If I don't want to be "monitored" while transiting, I'll drive one of my carbureted vehicles
Circa pre 1970. Who needs fuel efficiency?
UB9IB6 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

If we could trust the government to use them to only collect data on crashes, I'd agree with you, UB. The thing is, I don't trust the government.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB9IB6 View Post
COG, I see your point of view.... I just disagree .

While even the smallest thing can have the biggest effect....
I don't think THIS particular rat is carrying the bounonic.

They have flight data recorders in aero planes. Have had them for a while.
Do you think we should have them all removed?

I think this is a valuable technology. For example, In instances where there is a
fatality in a motor vehicle or aviation incident. The recorder is in a way... A voice for the dead. Could likely exonerate the innocent , or implicate the guilty .

If I don't want to be "monitored" while transiting, I'll drive one of my carbureted vehicles
Circa pre 1970. Who needs fuel efficiency?
A Black Box in a Automobile will not give you much information in a Motor Vehicle Accident. In the case of an Airplane the Black Box is also a voice recorder which records transmissions from the pilot to Air Traffic Controlers which helps in the crash investigation. LE have been investigating MVA for decades and have done quite well without any gadgets from the vehicles involved. So I would have to construe a Black Box installed in a vehicle would not provide any saftey measure or information gathering that would be any help in a crash. To me it would be nothing more than a costly piece of equipment that will most likely malfunction most of the time anyway.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Hey old fart they have them now for insurance companys to check your driving.and parents to track their kids.If you have some models they have the ability to track them anywhere.Like onstar in GM products.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

So, Ekim? I can choose which private company I deal with. When I am required to allow the government to snoop on me, that is not freedom.

Once again proving you are the dumbest poster on here.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

OBAMAA POLICE STATE. Not to be confused with the BUSH POLICE STATE, THE CLINTON POLICE STATE and the NEILSEN POLICE SQUAD STATE.

You are truly a fool.

Others may politely disagree with you, but I know you for what you are. a bobble hand doll with no integrity or credibility.

How about that ass whooping by LL?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
not what these women say
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
But GOP members were not alone in their concerns about the proposal. Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Mass.) tried unsuccessfully to introduce a measure that would allow car owners to disconnect or disable EDRs.

"Consumers should have control over the information collected by event data recorders in vehicles that they own and they should have the option of disabling the device if they choose to do so. This is a basic issue of privacy," Rep. Capuano said at the time, in a statement.

The public now has 60 days to comment on the proposed rule, which will be published in the Federal Register.[/COLOR]

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/ob...s-beginning-14

I agree with Mike Capuano. These are different then the black boxes on airplanes. The owners of the airplanes would prefer to have those devices since they believe the benefit provided out weighs any privacy concerns. Not that it is really all that private since it is not hard to figure out where the plane was going.

Owners of automobiles should have the right to disable the black boxes if they choose to. They are the owners of the vehicle, thus owning the property. There are still other ways to investigate an accident.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So, Ekim? I can choose which private company I deal with. When I am required to allow the government to snoop on me, that is not freedom.

Once again proving you are the dumbest poster on here.

Not till you die idiot.The government spies on you daily will only be a matter of time when someone will post.(What happened to the old fart?)
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
not what these women say

fucked up again corpjohn it was a character played by Bennie Hill.I just thought it was funny.sounds like you have penis envy.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women