Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70517
biomed161291
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453077
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47914
pyramider46370
bambino40543
CryptKicker37123
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #61
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Funny you should mention that. Here's a clip of me during my last administration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSsUoxlSADk
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #62
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Pelosi is a certifiable idiot.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #63
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
True. All holidays are made up. But some are more made up than others.

I think Orwell said that.

Do you really need a holiday to teach and celebrate "principles", as opposed to events or famous people?

And when you look at the definitions, are those really "African" principles? They look pretty generic to me.

Take Ujamaa, for example: "Cooperative economics emphasizes our collective economic strength and encourages us to meet common needs through mutual support."

That isn't really African. That's warmed over Marxism.

Which makes sense considering who Ron Karenga was - a 60s radical. He was basically substituting secular economic ideas for religious beliefs he didn't share. And he tried to sell it by wrapping it in African garb to sell it in the black community. It's more of a Trojan horse than it is a religious or cultural celebration.

I think black Christians of all people ought to be insulted by it and oppose it for leading young folks away from Christianity (to the extent that it actually does). And I say this as someone who is borderline atheist.

The rest of the world isn't obligated to put on blinders and pretend Kwanzaa is real. I think Mormonism is a bunch of hoodoo espoused by a con man, Joseph Smith. If I can say that about Mormonism, I should be able to say the same thing about Kwanzaa and Ron Karenga without having anyone insinuate that it is racism.

To put it another way, if CoG started a new "holiday celebration" based on individualism, self-reliance, and limited government principles and called it "Libertaria" and pitched it as a celebration of Anglican Protestant "principles", would you laugh at it or treat it seriously?

If Hallmark used Libertaria as an excuse to sell more holiday cards, would that make Libertaria any less of a phony manufactured holiday?
Excellent analysis ENYer.....

Can't wait to read the responses to your points.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #64
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The whole question of mass psychology has always been interesting to me. I think we live in a concensus reality. People are sheep; they typically adopt whatever belief appears to be held by the majority. As long as Obama can create the perception that his actions are reasonable, people will go along. I think that's how people lose their freedom, bit by bit, until it's too late.

Eternal vigilance is price of liberty.
JB, if you haven't done so, you need to read The True Believer: Thoughts On The Nature Of Mass Movements (1951) social psychology book by Eric Hoffer, the "longshoreman philosopher". It is a "must read" book for anyone who is seriously interested in the mass psychology of Germans, and others, during the interwar period.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women