Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162317
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41216
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Link? Like your opinion is a fact. Your opinion is bullshit.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #47
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Link? Like your opinion is a fact. Your opinion is bullshit.
I admitted to not being well versed on vouchers because it will not affect me personally. Show me where I am wrong! Otherwise, I will have to believe my suspicions are accurate!

Quite frankly, you and I have very, very little political common ground! That being said, I am damn sure not going to accept your opinion as factual without you providing something from a very credible source that will convince me otherwise.

Do you get the feeling that I do not trust your opinion?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #48
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

If we're going to count heads then Senator Gregg (a co-sponsor of NCLB) is the Vermount version of a Republican. He would be a democrat in Kansas. He was an advocate of TARP, nominated by Obama for a cabinet office (which he turned down), part of Obama's debt commission where he recommended cutting Social Security benefits because "that's where the money is".

As for the system; I give you the German model. Do you know that Germans have a word for job and another word for career? When a young man or woman is in about what we would call 8th grade they take a series of tests. Those tests indicate the direction of that person's life for a career. If they agree that they should be a mechanic working for Daimler then they go to trade school and get technical training. However, if a person objects to the classification (they may want to be an architect rather than professional cook) then the system begins to work against them. It is harder to get admitted (not impossible) to the right schools, harder to get recommendations, harder to find housing (much is attached to the school), and life becomes difficult but not impossible. Someone can actually have a "career" as a waiter but work a "job" on the side doing design work. The scientific system has more influence than desire or ability in Germany.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

fucking idiot
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #50
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The US is developing a caste system. Government schools will be training "workers" while the elite will get to go to private schools where they can get a real education in the arts, literature and science. I'm sure I'll get a few "the sky is falling" responses, but do you realize how horrific this is? We are already developing a "ruling class". Hillary Clinton will likely run for President in 2016, Michelle Obama is being considered for a Senate seat in Illinois, George P. Bush is being groomed for office, as is Chelsea Clinton. We're going to be seeing Bushes, Clintons and Obamas for decades.

We will have a permanent ruling class, and a permanent working class, if the government has their way. And who is part of the cabal behind this? Bill Gates. May God strike me down if I ever buy another Windows product.

Here's the article:

American literature classics are to be replaced by insulation manuals and plant inventories in US classrooms by 2014.

A new school curriculum which will affect 46 out of 50 states will make it compulsory for at least 70 per cent of books studied to be non-fiction, in an effort to ready pupils for the workplace.

Books such as JD Salinger's Catcher in the Rye and Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird will be replaced by "informational texts" approved by the Common Core State Standards.

Suggested non-fiction texts include Recommended Levels of Insulation by the the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the Invasive Plant Inventory, by California's Invasive Plant Council.

The new educational standards have the backing of the influential National Governors' Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers, and are being part-funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Jamie Highfill, a teacher at Woodland Junior High School in Arkansas, told the Times that the directive was bad for a well-rounded education. "I'm afraid we are taking out all imaginative reading and creativity in our English classes. "In the end, education has to be about more than simply ensuring that kids can get a job. Isn't it supposed to be about making well-rounded citizens?"

Supporters of the directive argue that it will help pupils to develop the ability to write concisely and factually, which will be more useful in the workplace than a knowledge of Shakespeare.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/b...urriculum.html
You've conflated two different things here.

I agree whole-heartedly that we have GOT to stop electing people from the same family. I've written about it in other threads, including a thread were someone gloated about George Prescott Bush starting a political campaign.

It is a lazy citizenry that picks people out of the same family. It is a recipe for disaster. We aren't supposed to have royal families in this country.

I made the mistake of supporting Dubya after GHW Bush had been president. Never again. No more Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, Cuomos, Browns, Romneys or Kennedys. Especially Kennedys. The grandkids are starting to get into the act. And there are so MANY of them.

The second idea I don't necessarily agree with. We have a broken education system in this country. I think we need to emphasize basic writing skills, math skills and scientific knowledge all the way into high school.

But we are kidding ourselves if we think everyone is suited for - or needs to go to - college. We aren't just dumbing down the high school curriculum, we are down college as well in order to maintain the pretense that everyone needs to go to college.

And we are going broke doing it. We are paying for a bunch of educations that don't produce particularly well educated people and leave behind a huge pool of high school graduates and dropouts that are unskilled.

We SHOULD emphasize technical training for about two thirds of all high school students. We should cut back on the number of colleges and college students and make the college work more demanding.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #51
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I can't really disagree with you, ExNYer. You are right, too many people are going to college, but I don't agree the government should be making the decision. We need to make it harder, not easier to get into college. One of the reasons we have so many people going to college is that it is so easy to get money from the government to go, and the requirements for admission are very low.

I was tutoring a college graduate, who was back for a second degree, and this person did not know that you have to align the decimal point when adding a column of numbers. She had already graduated with one degree! She got through high school and college without ever learning that.

But I do disagree in one area, I think literature and the arts are fundamental to being educated.

The whole system has been dumbed down. It used to be an 8th grade education gave you the skills for building a life and a career. Now it seems you won't learn that until after high school, in college or other training program.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #52
Yssup Rider
BANNED

You have no credibility until you stop insisting LL didn't prove you wrong.
And even then you won't be able to prove you're not a weenie!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #53
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
God you want to get COG in post count but in such a lazy cut and paste way
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #54
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Frankly, you're not worth the spit on my shoe polish, merc.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #55
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
God you want to get COG in post count but in such a lazy cut and paste way
I know, and he's going to get there at this rate. Stalking me like he's got a schoolgirl crush on me. Kinda creepy, really. And funny as hell!

And don't take the shoe polish comment seriously, Cap'n. Assup doesn't wear shoes.

<<< Assup // COG >>>
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #56
Yssup Rider
BANNED

ask me again and I'll tell you the same!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFUCKINGH AHAHAHAHAAAAA

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women