Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48041
pyramider46370
bambino40771
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
tttalinky
Premium Access

Encounters: 43
Default Dow Jones down -434 in two days

Not to start a political bashing on our re-elected president,......but is the 434 point drop in the two days following the Presidential Election a short term or long term event?
My 401K is screaming out to me!
tttalinky is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Short term. There will be some initiaL knee jerk reactions to the election, but as things settle in, businesses will rebound and get back to, well, business.

Obama Care is still a big "if", it's amazing how many people, including business owners, who do not know that much about how it will affect them. One thing is certain, it's here to stay.

The news today was featuring several business owners who say that they are already getting ready to lay people off because with The Presidents re-election because only a change in the Executive would have given the repeal of Obama Care a chance.

Many will find a certain satisfaction in that those who get laid off because of health care cost will probably be people who voted for President Obama.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Short term. There will be some initiaL knee jerk reactions to the election, but as things settle in, businesses will rebound and get back to, well, business.
+1

Excellent analysis!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Once people spit out the bile and check this out, they'll realize they're in pretty good shape.

Well put Jackie.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
tttalinky
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

+1
Thanks for the calm view, Jackie S
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

JD thinks you need to sell off everything and buy a farm and gold and a gun and plenty of ammo.

He seems to be the Tea Party's Financial advisor
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

"Many will find a certain satisfaction in that those who get laid off because of health care cost will probably be people who voted for President Obama". Jackie S

YUP
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttalinky View Post
Not to start a political bashing on our re-elected president,......but is the 434 point drop in the two days following the Presidential Election a short term or long term event?
My 401K is screaming out to me!
In my opinion, one should not read much into this, since big traders and high-frequency platforms move markets so sharply nowadays.

One thing to note is that it's very likely this move had little to do with the election results, for a couple of reasons:

1) The election's outcome was hardly a surprise. Most of the financial world expected Obama to win re-election.

2) Some analysts expected a small selloff in the event of a Romney win, since he was seen as likely to be considerably less friendly to continuing QE by the Fed.

My sense of this is that some traders reacted to a flurry of stories connected with how the political process would grapple with addressing issues related to the "fiscal cliff." (But note that the same issues would exist no matter who won the election -- it's just that when it's over, attention tends to settle on a new set of concerns. And some of these people don't have the attention span of a fruit fly!))

(However, I haven't been following events as closely as usual the last couple of days, since I still have an anesthesia-induced hangover from the surgery I had yesterday at 7 am!)

Also, please remember this old aphorism: The market believes that its main purpose is to make fools of the maximum number of people possible!
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
tttalinky
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
In my opinion, one should not read much into this, since big traders and high-frequency platforms move markets so sharply nowadays.

One thing to note is that it's very likely that this move had little to do with the election results, for a couple of reasons.

1) The election's outcome was hardly a surprise. Most of the financial world expected Obama to win re-election.

2) Some analysts expected a small selloff in the event of a Romney win, since he was seen as likely to be considerably less friendly to continuing QE by the Fed.

My sense of this is that some traders reacted to a flurry of stories connected with how the political process would grapple with addressing issues relating to the "fiscal cliff."
!
+1
Well said CaptainMidnight
Old 11-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Europe is in shit city and has more to do than the election,but the wingers will always blame the pres...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women