Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #46
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoomCzar View Post
Goliath? WTF? That was mono-a-mono......bigger is better.....don't be disingenuous....of coarse, you're the guy who thinks there is no difference between Odumbo and Romney.....you are a worthless piece of shit....is there one person in this world who is better off because you exist?
Mono-a-mono?

You're as stupid as you are ignorant!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #47
LexusLover
Valued Poster

20% to Military spending vs. 62% Entitlements:
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #48
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
OK COG, when did you support what Obama has done (and supporting something he did doesn't necessarily make you an Obama supporter, but that is OK with me)?

My big beef with the military spending is twofold:

#1 Nearly half our of defense spending goes to cost overruns on weapons systems (many of which are leftovers from the Cold War era in some way) due to a terrible procurement and systems engineering process in the DoD. The big defense contractors don't want to change this and lobby against it strongly. If we need to spend $300 Billion a year (subsidy) to keep all of them in business, then just put it down to that on the budget and have them build something useful that will boost the economy rather than building weapons that often don't work and constantly changing the specifications. This is well documented (the overruns and bad SE process) and the defense budget could easily accept the sequestration cuts and much more if we got this fixed. Defense Spending has gone up roughly 50% since 9/11 so now we will soon be out of both wars (paying for the wars off the books was out of line in my book too - maybe for a year, but not for 10 years) and no real need to spend so much IMHO.

#2 Starting wars in many places often go by the Pottery Barn Rule, of "you broke it, you buy it" and we really don't need any more of those, nor can we afford them (in ways broader than money) if we can help it. They are incredibly costly and our military does a fabulous job of winning the battles and wars in most cases but just isn't equipped (if anyone is) to rebuild a country's institutions and infrastructure if it is even possible in many cases. This whole scenario is fraught with difficulty and danger. I don't think there has really been a successful military occupation anywhere (imperial type) in the world since the early 20th century because of popular fronts and guerrilla tactics. We don't need to get involved unless there is a clear exit strategy (a good one) or compelling humanitarian reasons and preferably both. Genocide is a good one and most experts agree that a regiment or a brigade (even the French one that was there at the time) could have saved most of a million lives in Rwanda without long term commitment. We have two big oceans and friendly small countries to the north and south so IMHO we should tail off being the policeman of the world (seas is OK because shipping is vital for global commerce - planes can fly around most places that are dangerous) and not get involved in any more wars with boots on the ground, especially in the Middle East. There are easier and cheaper ways to achieve our national goals with respect to other countries and war should be a last resort since always lots and lots of innocents get killed one way or the other.

Education, research and an employed work force are the defense of the 21st century IMHO and that is where we should spend our funds if at all possible.
One of the military's biggest expenses is R & D. Nuclear power has its origin in military R & D. Commercial air transportation has its origin in military R & D. Modern computers, Kevlar and Teflon are revolutionary products having their origin in military R & D. GPS was created and realized by the U.S. Department of Defense.

The Interstate highway system was born to facilitate military needs, and so was the Panama Canal.

BTW, Japan and Germany -- not to mention France, Greece and the U.K. did enormously well with U.S. assistance following WWII during the mid-twentieth, not early twentieth, century.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #49
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I'm trying to recall (in my life time) a Democratic President who started a war ... for any reason.....unless one can define the recent engagement in Libya as a war ... but that skirmish had already begun prior to the injection of U.S. force.

Lincoln was a Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Viet Nam?
+1

Korea? (Okay, it was over for a few months before I was born, but I remember church fund raisers to aid the Korean orphans.)

By demilitarzing in the face of North Korean build up, Truman backed into the Korean War. Wilson had WWI, and FDR had WWII. Johnson had Vietnam, and Truman had Korea. Harding saw to it that a Peace Treaty with Germany was ratified. Ike ended Korea, and Nixon ended Vietnam.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women