Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35642
Mojojo33117

Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
MrClark
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default I know it's football season but.

I know it's all about football but I'm basketball crazy. Do the MFin Rockets think we are stupid enough to think Jeremy Linn is gonna make a differenct? I could give a FK what his favorite animal is . I do think he's OK but not a Super Star and we dam sure need one if not two.I've had my tantrum.
Now back to Football.
MrClark is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Molay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

We need a top 3 lottery pick. Maybe we will be bad enough this year to get one.
Molay is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

All Houston has right now is football. Everything else sucks. At least baseball is over. We did set a new low 107 games lost. Basketball will be just as bad next year.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Yes.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Les Alexander has asked Morey to be competitive and put the absolute best team possible the past 5 years. Without being able to get a superstar it puts you directly in the fuck seat [B]IF [/]you absolutely kill it everywhere else.... 7,8 seed or just out of the playoffs..... Morey has been phenominal at turning nothing into something for years since Yao and McGrady went down...... The New NBA does not allow you to win without Superstars..... The fact that he remained competitive with Scola and Lowry is absolutely amazing......

He has now finally convinced Lex of this fact..... And it has also become apparent that Houston is far removed from being a destination spot for free agent superstars..... Therefore the ONLY course of action is to completely break it down and hope you get lucky in one or more lotteries.... Lin is an easy and cheap way to keep butts in seats and boost the brand across seas while this takes place...... It is a business afterall.....

It sucks..... But I'd rather suck for a couple years then come back with a chance to win rings then just be competitive year in and year out...... Same for the Astros..... Only difference is I am MUCH more confident in Morey than Luhnow..... Only because I have seen what Morey has done with nothing but a pile of shit....... Lunhow was given less then that.....

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 60

The only difference is the the Astros ADMITTED from the jump they sucked ass, & don't expect anything from them til 2015... at BEST.

Until recently the Rockets were in denial. They were all we can get a Superstar. Santa promised me one this year. They're just now accepting that they need to accept being the Charlotte or Washington of the west.

How bout the Dynamo's?!
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
MrClark
Valued Poster

I think Morey is the problem , he would be a good assistant GM . The GM needs to be able to get super stars. He needs to be a basketball man ( Clyde Drexler,Mario Elle).I look a Oklahoma and many other teams that have less to offer than Houston and they have found a way to get talent. Competetive means you suck this is not YMCA Soccer, it's the NBA.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Molay
Valued Poster

Oklahoma got talent through the draft, not free agency.

Kevin Durant was the overall number 2 draft in 2007.
Russell Westbrook was the overall number 4 draft pick in 2008.
Serge Ibaka was the overall number 24 pick in 2008.
James Harden was the overall number 3 pick in 2009.

Oklahoma got to where they were because the SUCKED for several years and got a lot of draft picks. Houston has never sucked. If we can't get big name free agents, and it is hard to do since they all want to play with each other, then our only hope is the draft.
Molay is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
MrClark
Valued Poster

I understand we may need to suck really bad but lets do it and not be in rebuilding forever. If the Rockets got one talented player others might want to play here.I like Jeremy Lin I just don't think he can carry the team.IMO. I think Morey needs Jeremy Lin's third favorite animal ( Needledickfish )shoved up his asson his way out.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
Molay
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClark View Post
I understand we may need to suck really bad but lets do it and not be in rebuilding forever.
I couldn't agree more. Mediocrity breeds mediocrity. Especially in the NBA.
Molay is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The is no way the Astros will be competitive by 2015. The farm system is bare. The last five years of McLane's regime watched the farm system go to waste. Crane just wants a profit, so he will try to build thru farm system but will not bring in any talent. Under Crane the Astros might become mediocre by 2025.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
Guest021817-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
The is no way the Astros will be competitive by 2015. The farm system is bare. The last five years of McLane's regime watched the farm system go to waste. Crane just wants a profit, so he will try to build thru farm system but will not bring in any talent. Under Crane the Astros might become mediocre by 2025.

Think " Money Ball" I think they are going to go at it that way next year, and as much as they might suck.... I love going to the "Juice Box" havin a brew, and a dog, and not have to fight the crowds while the Astro's have their ass handed to them.... At least I get to see one Professional Baseball team working...
Guest021817-2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Fuck the Astros, i'd. rather watch a Rice baseball game
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #14
Guest021817-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
Fuck the Astros, i'd. rather watch a Rice baseball game
been to a few of those too......
Guest021817-2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClark View Post
I understand we may need to suck really bad but lets do it and not be in rebuilding forever. If the Rockets got one talented player others might want to play here.I like Jeremy Lin I just don't think he can carry the team.IMO. I think Morey needs Jeremy Lin's third favorite animal ( Needledickfish )shoved up his asson his way out.
The problem has never been Morey there... Les has DEMANDED a competitive team and the fact Morey has kept them in quasi contention is not much short of brilliance..... Morey can't sign big name talent because Houston is not a stand alone destination city..... Dawson was able to trade for and attract Free agents is because he always had at least one superstar to do so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Nah.... they are not as bare as you think... the one really good thing Wade did was sign draftees... the 4 years before Ed Wade showed up the Astros signed around 30% of their draft picks because Drayton was more concerned with kissing Buds ass then building and maintaining a farm system.... Wade brought that number back up to around 90% while he was here.... they have talent in low A ball and their Latin American academy's are getting back up to speed again.... by 2015 they should be just fine.... earlier if they get lucky on some of these guys and some rule 5s (which they should have at least one each of the next. 2 years) they could be relevant sooner than that...

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women