Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70775
biomed163105
Yssup Rider60754
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48615
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42431
CryptKicker37208
The_Waco_Kid36882
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
GymRat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Fatties Need Not Apply......CVS imposes penalties on fatties and smokers.

I work for a Fortune 500 company. During annual insurance enrollment this January, I was given a choice to quit smoking or pay an additional $50 a month for my insurance. I’m an occasional smoker, mainly when I drink. I don’t want to give them up and since our insurance rates are dirt cheap when compared to most, I chose the additional $50. I have to admit, I was pissed that we have coworkers that are morbidly obese and they left them alone. We also have a handful of diabetic workers that are too undisciplined to stay on their diet and they end up missing a week or so of work almost every year to get their blood sugar back in check. If they are going to penalize me, fatties are fair game too.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/short-cvs-employees-forced-report-body-weight-quit-smoking-pay-article-1.1294421
GymRat is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
likingthekitty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

This country is about Freedom!!!,!,!,!,!!

It's kind of shit is damn wrong.
likingthekitty is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

You still have freedom, you are free to pay the 50 bucks no one is stopping you.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
Rubchasertx
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Don't worry. Once Obamacare kicks in everything will be fine.
Rubchasertx is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Yeah.... we'll all have to pay extra for everyone else's insurance.....
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
HumbleHobbyist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Just say you aren't a smoker. Think they'll send a private investigator out or something? Since we're hobbyists and clearly not afraid of breaking laws, this should be a pretty easy decision. Save up that extra 50 per month and spend it on some hot, wet poon. Ijs
HumbleHobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Yep...lie about your smoking, and then not only will you get fired when you step outside for a smoke and the boss catches you, but you get charged with insurance fraud...awesome.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
seantlpc
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Welcome to obamacare! Insurance companies and employers now are able to enforce restrictions on their policies since the Federal government now requires individuals to carry health insurance.
seantlpc is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
HumbleHobbyist
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
Yep...lie about your smoking, and then not only will you get fired when you step outside for a smoke and the boss catches you, but you get charged with insurance fraud...awesome.
He only smokes when he drinks. So unless he drinks at work, he's fine. But if he drinks at work, he has other problems. Nice reading skills WU. What big web-muscles you have.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymRat View Post
I’m an occasional smoker, mainly when I drink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleHobbyist View Post
He only smokes when he drinks.
What was that about reading skills there, genius? Epic fail...better luck next time...
Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
GymRat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Oh, I seriously thought about it, but then I worried I might have a health issue and BCBS might call for a lung scan or a piss test for nicotine and deny me coverage. Ten years ago I would have been in the fat guy’s corner with regard to up charging for his heath insurance. Now that they are coming after me, I see fat people as fair game as well. Maybe the Fatties Lobby will be able to get this reversed?
Just curious, any other smokers out there paying higher premiums? I am amazed that my employer was one of the first to jump onboard with this BS. Last year, I was paying $28 a month for BCBS health insurance with insanely low deductibles, vision and dental. Guess I can’t bitch much, I have friends that are paying hundreds per month for much less coverage.
GymRat is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #12
HumbleHobbyist
Valued Poster

Quote:
What was that about reading skills there, genius? Epic fail...better luck next time...
Epic indeed. You win again WU. So awesome.

To the OP: my SO works for a fortune 500 and carries our benes. Her policy is similar to yours. We both also smoke at night, outside of work, when we drink, like you probably do. We lied about it.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

I'm all for people with self-destructive lifestyles paying more for their insurance...hopefully it'll keep my rates lower...if not, at least they get to suffer one more consequence of their own behavior...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymRat View Post
I work for a Fortune 500 company. During annual insurance enrollment this January, I was given a choice to quit smoking or pay an additional $50 a month for my insurance. I’m an occasional smoker, mainly when I drink. I don’t want to give them up and since our insurance rates are dirt cheap when compared to most, I chose the additional $50. I have to admit, I was pissed that we have coworkers that are morbidly obese and they left them alone. We also have a handful of diabetic workers that are too undisciplined to stay on their diet and they end up missing a week or so of work almost every year to get their blood sugar back in check. If they are going to penalize me, fatties are fair game too.
You mentioned undisciplined obese people and diabetics who don't monitor their blood sugar properly (through diet), however if you practiced what you preach about discipline, then you wouldn't smoke and you wouldn't have this dilemma.

I guess since wakeup got off his 'I hate fucking fat asses' pedestal, maybe you decided to get back on yours. Then again, I detest people smoking cigarettes and cigars as much as you hate fucking fat asses. I don't see a difference between a nicotine addiction vs. a food addiction, at the end of the day, both are bad, meaning as long as you smoke you're no better than some obese person. Hopefully you do everybody a favor and keep your second hand poison away from them.

Pot.......kettle.

DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

I'm still on the pedestal...fatties suck...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women