Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60642
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48580
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42256
CryptKicker37200
The_Waco_Kid36644
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81
Default UFC 148 Silva vs. Sonnen 2

Finally the rematch MMA fans have been waiting for. With the retirement of Brock Lesnar, the inactivity due to injury of GSP, the UFC needs this fight. Silva, a legit superstar and MMA legend ready to rematch the guy who was beating him for 4 rounds. Anyone who watched the first fight was stunned how Sonnen was beating SIlva to the punch and making it look easy, SIlva showed the heart of a champion and seemingly pulled an old school Ric Flair wrestling move and found a submission attempt and ran with it.

I don't think Sonnen can do better than the first fight. It was as perfect as it can get. Silva did not fight well and can do better. Sonnen might have his moments in spurts but not to the degree that he did in the first fight. I like Sonnen, he likes to talk shit and run his mouth kinda like someone I know

I see Silva winning with some kind of kick and finishing him off... TKO3

Other fights of note. For nastolgic purposes, Tito finds a way to beat Forrest Griffin and cap his HOF career. He will be missed. Cung Le over Cote or Cung Le is off to making B movies.

What are your thoughts UFC fans?

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Squarenot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

I see Sonnen outpointing Silva in every round, again. Sonnen clearly had Silva's number the first fight and I think he will be able to do the same thing in Sonnen vs Silva II. If Sonnen can avoid a submission or some kind of Silva super kick...Sonnen wins. Afterwhich, we can all look forward to the rubber match with yet more hype.

The Tito/Griffin fight........dunno. I think it will go the distance and will be very close.
Squarenot is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

The fight could go one of two ways. It could be like the Lesnar vs Mir match where Brock is pounding Mir for all of the 90 seconds of the fight except the last 10 where Mir catches Brock in a leg submission. In the rematch Brock kills Mir in a total domination . In that scenario, Sonnen is Lesnar. Sonnen fixes the mistake he made the first time, totally dominates, and destroys Silva.

The other is that Silva fixes his mistakes from the first fight, holds a mental edge because in that fight he was hit a little over 200 times by Sonnen and STILL won. I just can't see Sonnen duplicating the first fight. It's my opinion that Silva took him lightly the first time and won't make that mistake again.

It will be interesting

sixx
Old 07-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Squarenot
Valued Poster

Sonnen clearly was the better fighter during the first fight. He just got caught by the submission at the end. The question is if Silva can step up his game and compete with Sonnen during the course of the next fight. I don't think he can. Such things are too difficult to fix. Nevertheless, Silva is a dynamic fighter and remains capable on several fronts of an outburst submission, kick or one good punch to suddenly end the contest. I won't call them lucky, but if Silva can pull off a good one, he wins, again. You can bet that Sonnen has been working on his submission defense as well, specifically against a fighter such as Silva. My nod goes to Sonnen for this contest.

With regard to Tito/Griffin. I still think it will be close but I'll give the nod to Tito.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
navy1814
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

If you want to save some money you can watch it here for free.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1296...sonnen-ii.html

Make sure you have pop-up blocker though.
navy1814 is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
Squarenot
Valued Poster

Silva wins in second round, tko.

I thought that Silva looked very tentative coming into the fight.
Six seconds into the first round, Sonnen scored a take down and was dominant during the entire round. Even had full mount.

Second round, Sonnen failed at one or two take down attempts and tried a spinning back fist. He slipped and Silva took advantage with a hard knee to the body, then swarmed Sonnen with strikes to the head until bout stopped.

After the fight, Silva was very gracious and invited Sonnen to the mike. He invited Sonned to a bbq at his home. You have to appreciate all the hype to promote this fight
RE Tito/Griffin, Tito had a take down first round and a knock down in the second and third. After the fight, Griffin left the ring as I am sure he thought he had been beat, but retuned to the ring. Announced that Grffin wins and crowd boos. Griffin takes the mike and "interviews" Tito in a very gracious manner.

I thought that Tito won the fight.

Glad that we did not bet Sixx.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
navy1814
Valued Poster

Jones is the only one right now who has a good chance against Silva. Dana needs to stop screwing around and have Anderson Silva go up against Jon Jones. Both fighters are champions who are in their prime. Joe Rogan has talked about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYbHien5eKg

and there have been numerous articles online mentioning it. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...we-want-to-see

I'm 100% sure it will happen before pacquiao vs mayweather.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarenot View Post
Silva wins in second round, tko.

I thought that Silva looked very tentative coming into the fight.
Six seconds into the first round, Sonnen scored a take down and was dominant during the entire round. Even had full mount.

Second round, Sonnen failed at one or two take down attempts and tried a spinning back fist. He slipped and Silva took advantage with a hard knee to the body, then swarmed Sonnen with strikes to the head until bout stopped.

After the fight, Silva was very gracious and invited Sonnen to the mike. He invited Sonned to a bbq at his home. You have to appreciate all the hype to promote this fight
RE Tito/Griffin, Tito had a take down first round and a knock down in the second and third. After the fight, Griffin left the ring as I am sure he thought he had been beat, but retuned to the ring. Announced that Grffin wins and crowd boos. Griffin takes the mike and "interviews" Tito in a very gracious manner.

I thought that Tito won the fight.

Glad that we did not bet Sixx.
Come on.... Sonnen knew his only chance was to take it to the ground. He had NO interest in exchanging anything except verabl spars at ESPN interviews. He did take Silva down but Silva negated his takedown by wrapping both his legs around Sonnens to negate any advantage Sonnen had on him.

Silva totally took Sonnen lightly the first fight. I feel thid fight proved that.

I personally thought the Ortiz vs. Forrest fight should have been a draw at the worst... but Forrest should call it a career too. He was dropped three times and taken down twice by a fighter PAST his prime and huffing and puffing in the middle of the 1st round. Griffin could not finish or dominate. Run run to retirement too Forrest....

sixx
Old 07-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #9
S O B
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Tito SUX.
S O B is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
Squarenot
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
Come on.... Sonnen knew his only chance was to take it to the ground. He had NO interest in exchanging anything except verabl spars at ESPN interviews. He did take Silva down but Silva negated his takedown by wrapping both his legs around Sonnens to negate any advantage Sonnen had on him.

Silva totally took Sonnen lightly the first fight. I feel thid fight proved that.

I personally thought the Ortiz vs. Forrest fight should have been a draw at the worst... but Forrest should call it a career too. He was dropped three times and taken down twice by a fighter PAST his prime and huffing and puffing in the middle of the 1st round. Griffin could not finish or dominate. Run run to retirement too Forrest....

sixx
You are probably right in that Sonnen knew his best chance was to take Silva down and keep it on the ground. Just like Lesner did to Mir in their second fight, and Lesner won. Sonnen won the first round. IF, he could have kept it on the ground all five rounds, as he did during their first fight, I do think he would have won. The only question would have been if Silva could again catch Sonnen with a submission.

Navy....A Silva/Jones match seems to be down the road. It will be interesting just how far down the road Dana waits. He has probably made enough money this year. I can't imagine the hype being as intense as Silva/Sonnen.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
navy1814
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarenot View Post
. I can't imagine the hype being as intense as Silva/Sonnen.
You're right both aren't great promoters like Sonnen. Probably because both fighters let their skills do the talking in the PPV's. I saw "Like Water" and a scene shows how Anderson Silva has no interest in hyping fights at all. But people would pay to see that fight because I'm sure everyone gave up on Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Here's an interview where Silva talked about fighting GSP but then it focuses on Silva and Jones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPk2Bz5Tto
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/c...rematch-071012

Ah goodness. Hopefully, Sonnen takes his 2nd defeat like a man. The ref should have allowed SIlva to pound him a little more. Maybe that would have made the point even CLEARER that Sonnen can't beat Silva

Yes, Sonnen can promote very well but I think even he would be hard pressed to sell a 3rd fight. He tapped out, he QUIT the first fight. The first round in the second fight to me was a draw. Yes, he had top position but SIlva had his legs wrapped around one of Sonnen's which took away his advantage IMO.
sixx

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women