Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60377
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 01-14-2022, 05:07 PM   #1
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Default Your Favourite Type of Tea

... G'day Free-thinkers,

Surely wonderin' what manner of tea you Pittsburgh
people may enjoy... Now I am aware that coffee
is a favourite hot beverage here in America, but still...

... I enjoy Twining's - you know, British and what-not.
And found everywhere in America.

Though some o' me work mates surely swear by a
highly sweet cold brand called Turner's.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #2
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Iced
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #3
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Iced. Not Sweet Tea, though.

Tea's not really my thing, but Earl Grey hits my palate better than others I've sampled.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:00 PM   #4
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

White Pine needle tea. Very healthy. I take a teaspoon of Eldeberry Elixer first. This boosts your energy all day.

https://berrygoodlife.co/
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:09 PM   #5
Dreamgurrl
Ultimate Pro Ho

User ID: 241919
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I like my tea to have the mouthfeel of velvet and silk, a little punch of rose and jasmine for brightness, and rounded out with honey for sweetness.
Dreamgurrl is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:16 PM   #6
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

*cracks knuckles*

All right, I'm going to spend more time than I aught to on this and it is going to sound like a ramble.. but so be it, you called the tea-kraken.

Bottom of the barrel while still being good is Lipton. 300 some teabags for $10 at Sam's. Can't go wrong with it, but I want to put even a pinch of effort into making some good tea I'll skip it.

For black tea, Twinnings or Bigelow are great. English Breakfast or anything similar are great and taste better than Lipton. Their Earl Greys, though, I find to have far too much bergamot and the tea tastes like metal. I haven't had bagged Earl Grey in a very long time.

Loose leaf Earl Grey however is another story. That's good.

Pre-COVID I used to go to Prestogeorge Coffee & Tea on Penn. They had a large variety of home made flavored teas (I especially liked their lime black tea) which were in small packs for only a few dollars. But since covid they closed their 'show room' so you can't browse what they have.. they just have a paper with what they have. No fun.

I like Allegheny Coffee & Tea Exchange further up the road. They have giant containers of both tea and coffee beans, and you can smell them before you buy. Reasonable prices too. I bought 12oz of English breakfast and Chamomile tea in early 2020 which I still have some left.

Loose leaf tea is a better value than bagged tea. You can mix the teas, and I feel that your dollar goes further than with bagged tea... though it is arguably more effort to make a cuppa loose leaf.

For herbal teas, they are mostly the same. Something warm to drink. Chamomile is good. Rooibos is good too.. I know I have a few other packs of loose herbal but I can't remember what they are. They are mixed, some with dried apple, pineapple, mint.. really flavorful stuff.

But I'm more of a black variety tea drinker myself. My favorite though would be a variety of Irish breakfast. Rarely in the store do I see Irish bagged (or even loose, haven't seen it for a while) under the Twinnings brand. That stuff is STRONG. Love the bitter flavor there.

Green teas, unless mixed with a herbal variety, not my fancy. It never tastes strong enough for me, and when it is brewed stronger, it is very bitter and nasty.

White tea, while a it costs a little bit more than black per oz, is very good too. The downside with this variety is that you need to brew it longer and hotter to have a good flavor. I have a thermos with a tea filter. Pour boiling water in it, put a small spoonful of white, and let it sit for an hour or two, or even overnight. Doing it longer makes it stronger but the flavor is never overwhelming. Sadly longer than 12 hours and the thermos starts to cool down too much

Adding into tea... never sugar, unless it is Lipton and I want sugar. If I do Lipton I'll do honey if I want it sweet. Other black teas, honey, cream, or lemon juice (but not with cream) depending on how I feel. Earl Grey is sublime with cream and honey.

Herbal, green, or white teas, I never add anything in.
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:22 PM   #7
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

White tea..... I think it's the silver needles loose I buy
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:35 PM   #8
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... GREAT crackerjack reasonings and explanations there, mate.

NO ramblings that I could tell ...

#### Salty
Old 01-14-2022, 06:47 PM   #9
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

onawbtngr546, have you tried preheating one of the classic Stanley food jars? Put boiling water in first for an hour to heat up the metal, then dump and add fresh boiling water and your tea.

I've been able to keep soups uncomfortably hot overnight. If you're not already doing it, it might get you just a bit more time at peak brew temp.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:16 PM   #10
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Liptons, iced, we buy 1 gallon pouches bulk at Sams or the Depot.

Red Rose? Tastes like shit, but, this is something I remember from my early yute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXEQ...annel=trebgreb
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #11
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Liptons, iced, we buy 1 gallon pouches bulk at Sams or the Depot.

Red Rose? Tastes like shit, but, this is something I remember from my early yute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXEQ...annel=trebgreb
Might be one of the greatest commercials. Couldn’t do that today.

Never had Red Rose tea
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:48 PM   #12
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Your Favourite Type of Tea?

Long Island Iced Tea Bout 4 or 5 tall glasses
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:56 PM   #13
Dreamgurrl
Ultimate Pro Ho

User ID: 241919
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by onawbtngr546 View Post
*cracks knuckles*

All right, I'm going to spend more time than I aught to on this and it is going to sound like a ramble.. but so be it, you called the tea-kraken.

Bottom of the barrel while still being good is Lipton. 300 some teabags for $10 at Sam's. Can't go wrong with it, but I want to put even a pinch of effort into making some good tea I'll skip it.

For black tea, Twinnings or Bigelow are great. English Breakfast or anything similar are great and taste better than Lipton. Their Earl Greys, though, I find to have far too much bergamot and the tea tastes like metal. I haven't had bagged Earl Grey in a very long time.

Loose leaf Earl Grey however is another story. That's good.

Pre-COVID I used to go to Prestogeorge Coffee & Tea on Penn. They had a large variety of home made flavored teas (I especially liked their lime black tea) which were in small packs for only a few dollars. But since covid they closed their 'show room' so you can't browse what they have.. they just have a paper with what they have. No fun.

I like Allegheny Coffee & Tea Exchange further up the road. They have giant containers of both tea and coffee beans, and you can smell them before you buy. Reasonable prices too. I bought 12oz of English breakfast and Chamomile tea in early 2020 which I still have some left.

Loose leaf tea is a better value than bagged tea. You can mix the teas, and I feel that your dollar goes further than with bagged tea... though it is arguably more effort to make a cuppa loose leaf.

For herbal teas, they are mostly the same. Something warm to drink. Chamomile is good. Rooibos is good too.. I know I have a few other packs of loose herbal but I can't remember what they are. They are mixed, some with dried apple, pineapple, mint.. really flavorful stuff.

But I'm more of a black variety tea drinker myself. My favorite though would be a variety of Irish breakfast. Rarely in the store do I see Irish bagged (or even loose, haven't seen it for a while) under the Twinnings brand. That stuff is STRONG. Love the bitter flavor there.

Green teas, unless mixed with a herbal variety, not my fancy. It never tastes strong enough for me, and when it is brewed stronger, it is very bitter and nasty.

White tea, while a it costs a little bit more than black per oz, is very good too. The downside with this variety is that you need to brew it longer and hotter to have a good flavor. I have a thermos with a tea filter. Pour boiling water in it, put a small spoonful of white, and let it sit for an hour or two, or even overnight. Doing it longer makes it stronger but the flavor is never overwhelming. Sadly longer than 12 hours and the thermos starts to cool down too much

Adding into tea... never sugar, unless it is Lipton and I want sugar. If I do Lipton I'll do honey if I want it sweet. Other black teas, honey, cream, or lemon juice (but not with cream) depending on how I feel. Earl Grey is sublime with cream and honey.

Herbal, green, or white teas, I never add anything in.
Oh he fancy!

I love your very detailed preferences!
Tea can be so different depending the preparation and accoutrements.

I been trying to perfect my tea brewing at home.
Dreamgurrl is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:11 PM   #14
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... What a GREAT thread! ... Surely glad I started it.
Top level responces from everyone!
Reckon I'm NOT surprised - with the talent we got here.

#### Salty
Old 01-15-2022, 12:02 AM   #15
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Normally its coffee all day till 9. Then I switch to a cup of Earl Grey. It reminds me of gin for some reason.
DrivesAllDay is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women