Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Southerng
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Thoughts on TAMU to the SEC?

I think that the decision by Texas A&M to leave the current so-called Big-12 (which is actually Big-9) come Monday is a smart decision by TAMU. The University of Texas has had a plan in place to eventually go independent and on their own from the time that they signed the deal with ESPN. The conference was never going to last beyond 2 years from the time Nebraska left. All of the teams left in the current conference will be scrambling when Texas announces their departure as an independent. Mark my words and it will happen within 12 months!

Thoughts guys and gals?
Southerng is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
Toolman
Premium Access

Encounters: 103

Hook 'em.
Toolman is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
starflash
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Probably a smart move by the Ags to abandon the ship they're on.........But if they move to the SEC, that's a real tough neighborhood (see last year's Cotton Bowl game for reference)............
starflash is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflash View Post
.... that's a real tough neighborhood ....
... it often raises the bar ... and it may help with recruiting ...
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
Toolman
Premium Access

Encounters: 103

I wonder if the annual Thanksgiving Day rivalry will continue after such a move. I think that the loss of the annual hope of beating the Horns will be a much bigger loss to the Maroons than to UT.
Toolman is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman View Post
... annual hope of beating the Horns will be a much bigger loss to the Maroons than to UT.
And going to "Kyle" field will be no loss of a pleasant trip, either..... although I am sure that allowing ladies to attend A&M have improved somewhat the atmosphere.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
And going to "Kyle" field will be no loss of a pleasant trip, either..... although I am sure that allowing ladies to attend A&M have improved somewhat the atmosphere.
Going to a major college game is the ultimate sporting event, been to a few A&M games, and it's great. I've had season tickets to Beaver stadium, for 35 years, and make the trip at least 3 or 4 times a year, nothing like seeing 100,000+ people wearing blue and white. Takes your breath away.
A&M will benefit from the move, and hopefully "up" their game a notch. I love college football, doesn't matter who it is, I can watch it all day every day.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
Going to a major college game is the ultimate sporting event, ....
Sometimes "we" went because "we" knew there were post-game sports events to follow, and the ticket was a trip to the game.

"We" never took dates to Dallas on "Oklahoma Weekend," cuz there would be dates looking for someone to do after the game on the way back to Austin, and "we" never took dates to College Station, because they might get in the way, if not hurt, in the post-game fray. It was a lot of fun.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

I heard that LL, thinking back, I really don't know how we survived some of those weekends at State College, even met Jo Pa a few times. The one place and event that I would love to see, even though I am not a fan, is to see a game at South Bend, Notre Dame Stadium, that would have to be the ultimate place to watch college ball, IMHO.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
tyboy1
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

Quote:
... it often raises the bar ... and it may help with recruiting ...
I have to agree that the move should help with recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman View Post
I wonder if the annual Thanksgiving Day rivalry will continue after such a move. I think that the loss of the annual hope of beating the Horns will be a much bigger loss to the Maroons than to UT.
Looks like TU is going to be independent like Notre Dame so hopefully the rivalry will continue. I think that game is good for both schools.
tyboy1 is online now   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I think AnM will get their ass handed to them in the SEC and I do not think this is a great move on UT's part.

In general, I do not like the direction that college sports has taken.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

If I recall correctly, U of H was "independent" for years before getting into the SW Conference and U of H had a strong team back then. In fact there were some rumors that their strength delayed their acceptance into the Conference.

As for Aggies playing Texas in the future, it is difficult to imagine an Aggie not wanting "another shot" ... one after another into eternity. And it is equally unimaginable to think of a "Tea-sip" not serving up the opportunity to do so.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
BigLouie
Valued Poster

It is not going to be good for anyone. If A&M leaves everything will fall apart. UT just had a great run due to Vince Young and Colt McCoy, other than that they are just a pretty good team. If they try to go indy they will find out they aren't as great as they thought they were and that getting into BCS bowl games just got a lot harder. A&M is going to find themselves as being just another Vandy or Kentucky to the powerhouse SEC schools like Florida and Alabama. Not to mention the extra travel for the rest of their athletic teams. It is one thing when their lesser sports can save money by going by bus to Waco, it is another thing when they have to fly to Alabama and Kentucky.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I think AnM will get their ass handed to them in the SEC and I do not think this is a great move on UT's part.

In general, I do not like the direction that college sports has taken.
Agreed...x2. I always the thought the one thing college sports had going in its favor over the pros was the tradition & the rivalries. Not sure how they managed to sacrifice that to the golden calf...but they did.

How you get that genie back in the bottle? Dunno...

Quote:
If I recall correctly, U of H was "independent" for years before getting into the SW Conference and U of H had a strong team back then. In fact there were some rumors that their strength delayed their acceptance into the Conference.
The rumors may be 100% true...but it was different world then. These days you have to be in the right conference to get the right crack at a BCS bowl...a decent season TV deal...etc, etc.

Quote:
As for Aggies playing Texas in the future, it is difficult to imagine an Aggie not wanting "another shot" ... one after another into eternity. And it is equally unimaginable to think of a "Tea-sip" not serving up the opportunity to do so.
If this means one team switching conferences isn't the necessarily the death of THIS annual game...I'd agree. There are certain intra-state clashes that have survived for quite a while despite the teams involved playing in different conferences.
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
tyboy1
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
It is not going to be good for anyone. If A&M leaves everything will fall apart. UT just had a great run due to Vince Young and Colt McCoy, other than that they are just a pretty good team. If they try to go indy they will find out they aren't as great as they thought they were and that getting into BCS bowl games just got a lot harder. A&M is going to find themselves as being just another Vandy or Kentucky to the powerhouse SEC schools like Florida and Alabama. Not to mention the extra travel for the rest of their athletic teams. It is one thing when their lesser sports can save money by going by bus to Waco, it is another thing when they have to fly to Alabama and Kentucky.
You make some very good points but it looks like it's just a vote away from the SEC schools.
tyboy1 is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women