Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
test
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70771
biomed163089
Yssup Rider60742
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42424
CryptKicker37208
The_Waco_Kid36849
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
yancy25
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39
Default Social media and the hobby

I had an unusual situation pop up this weekend when a provider I've seen sent me a follow request on social media. I think I might have popped onto her suggestion list by virtue of being a telephone contact, and I'm not worried about any problems with this person, especially since her account is her real name, and not her nom de plume, but I am concerned about the firewalls I've put up in this hobby. I'm curious about whether this has come up for anyone else, and how you've handled it. Do we want to be friends out of this business? Are the risks worth the rewards?
yancy25 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
nyspooner
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Other than family being pissed off at you if they find out your in the hobby it is just a easier way for the girl to contact you cause she can see when your online
nyspooner is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:21 AM   #3
yancy25
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

I guess that's true, but I thought that contacting me with her real name seemed genuinely friendly and not business like
yancy25 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #4
Plastic Man
life coach fer yer penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by yancy25 View Post
I thought that contacting me with her real name seemed genuinely friendly and not business like
Plastic Man is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
bustybabygirl
Pleasure Practitioner

User ID: 309364
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Delete the Facebook app and all other social media apps. Access social media through the browser when on your phone.Unlink any phone number (personal or hobby) from your profile. Make your profile as private as possible. Even doing these things I've still been told that i came up as "people you might know" on FB for one client but luckily it was someone I can trust with that info.
bustybabygirl is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
xxxalyssaxxx
Yours By The Hour

User ID: 239096
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

It's happened to me before and whether or not I choose to accept or pursue it just depends on how close the client and I are. Some of my regulars that have known me for years have my real name and real phone number but they usually don't use it unless I have problems with my work phone or something of the sort. If it's not someone I know that well then I just ignore it. I've never had it cause a problem. For the most part clients want their privacy respected as much as I do.
xxxalyssaxxx is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #7
HlavinKitheri
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

I wouldn't friend the person but I wouldn't worry unduly either. I get friend requests from out-of-state hotties with only one picture, obvious spam, and could dismiss any questions about non-friended contacts on that basis.
HlavinKitheri is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

Just use a fuckin hobby phone, problems never start
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #9
GSW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I've become FB friends with four providers before. All were essentially short-term when in a rough patch in life looking for money, and more like FWB with monetary compensation (ask, what most people's wives and girlfriends tend to be lmao). Two of them are dead now tho and I deleted one of the others because we haven't talked in like 18+ months, so I expect no issues coming from any of them.
GSW is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #10
Alchemist2u
Lifetime Premium Access

Sounds like a good reason to use PM here in eccie rather than an email acct. And Any email that you use with people here should not be one that is tied to your social media
Alchemist2u is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:05 PM   #11
Alchemist2u
Lifetime Premium Access

Or what the f... just place an ad in the NYT, Syr SubStandard, or your local PennySaver with a conservative head like "Seeking hooker Syracuse to Rochester". No one will ever connect it to you, trust me.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #12
jokacz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Dead hookers on FB, as close as they can get to immortality.
jokacz is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #13
Alchemist2u
Lifetime Premium Access

Jokacz, Actually I was thinking about all the folks that he shares his FB with and how an unexpected post might make their day.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #14
Seanross26
Account Disabled

Encounters: 61

A lot of provides are on all type social media I'd say 90% of the VP I've seen off here I've seen on some type social media weather it be FB IG POF etc.. just don't be a fuckin psycho and start to stalk the girl lol
Seanross26 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #15
Joeazzy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

From a fellow hobbyist who's been in your shoes the answer is no. It's not worth it. No matter how well you think you know their situation, personality, feelings, beliefs, the reality is, it's a dangerous game. I've listed some rules to help you decide

1. Is this provider clean or "dirty"? If the answer is #2 then NO
2. Is this provider in a relationship? If the answer is yes then NO
3. Is this provider hanging out with shady people? If the answer is yes then NO
4. Has the provider been caught by L.E. on multiple occasions for different or similar reasons. If the answer is yes then NO
5. If you are exposed by provider will it negatively affect your family, friends or job. If the answer is yes then NO

It all boils down to how well you truly know the person. If you actually become REAL friends with a provider and am fine with a FWB situation then sure. However if you start to see them descend down a dark path or become more desperate then cut them off immediately. Also, no matter how well you may know them, any provider will turn on you if L.E. catches them and offers a plea deal to work for sting operations etc, because I would if it meant no jail time. I would lean on the side of caution but it depends on the girl. I never friend these people on social media because it always increases the odds of people investigating me, associating me to providers, or causing other problems. A smart provider won't mix their personal life with their professional one. It's your choice, but choosing to friend them is like playing with fire.

Sorry to ramble
Joeazzy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women