Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41559
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35932
Mojojo33117

Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #106
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin hood View Post
Why did you pick the balding guy from South Dakota? He doesn't even have an English accent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Canada will sell that oil to somebody.
Like us. It's all about money. China will buy from the sellers with the cheapest net cost. Net is cost of oil plus shipping. They will buy from Russia and Africa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddayadda View Post
Canada said it would run the pipeline straight west and sell the oil to Japan and China. Just another reason why the speachafier in chief needs to go.....
I missed the quote by an official of the Canadian government. Could you link me to that? Fine. I know you are too busy to back up something you claim someone said about something someone else said someone said. Just saw what a person from big oil said that the Canadians said. He would never paraphrase or lie.
The nerve of those people in Nebraska. Worrying about their stupid aquifer at the expense of American jobs.
And of course the people of British Columbia won't mind a pipeline crossing their land or the Coast Mountains. Their motto, Splendor sine occasu ("Splendour without Diminishment") doesn't mean anything. The Canadian Rockies won't stop a pipeline either.
They will have planned a path, done the environmental studies, and build the pipeline by next week. 2 weeks at the most
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #107
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
...Then consider the Cornell University "Global Labor Institute" linked by Big Louie. Come on, guys. Don't you think the name is in and of itself something of a giveaway of just what its bias might be? ...
Another cut-n-paste BL hit job. I read most of the 40 pages and yes its just a liberal piece bemoaning more dependence on fossil fuel. Estimates are estimates. 20K jobs or 6.5K jobs. No its not going to solve America's unemployment problem, nobody said it would. Yes, its going to bring in tax revenue and not cost the American taxpayer $500 million unlike Solyndra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
6500 jobs over two years is not a whole lot but yes for those folks it would be a boom.
OK, so are you FOR it or AGAINST it? Earlier you said the President made the wrong decision but your recent posts seem to indicate against it? Your one post about a exporting LNG had no relevance to this discussion. The pipeline seems like win for a guy who drives a Denali and a RAM truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Stevie,

Please answer this question:
If the environmental concerns are so troubling why are Democrats hinting that Obama will approve the pipeline AFTER the 2012 election?
Crickets. Except LilStevie has the giggles. And probably the munchies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhende3 View Post
Jobs I got a job and don't need another. Exxon doesn't pay me a penny....
So you work for the Federal govt?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #108
Milehigh65
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
We have thousands of miles of pipeline in the US which cause NO problem. This one wouldn't either. It's just President Obama sending more resources and jobs to China. Thanks, Mr. President!
It's amazing how the curent president is held responsible for jobs leaving this country. I am sorry jobs have been leaving this country long before the current administration. I have lived through 8 president's I and can clearly say I have never ever observed any other president under go more critcism and disrespect. even though the wheels had already falling off long before current administration took office.
Milehigh65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #109
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehigh65 View Post
It's amazing how the curent president is held responsible for jobs leaving this country. I am sorry jobs have been leaving this country long before the current administration. I have lived through 8 president's I and can clearly say I have never ever observed any other president under go more critcism and disrespect. even though the wheels had already falling off long before current administration took office.
+1
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #110
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
OK, so are you FOR it or AGAINST it? Earlier you said the President made the wrong decision but your recent posts seem to indicate against it? .
I agreed that the gains were greater than the risks.

That does not mean I think there is a great gain from this.

After researching it, I see hardly any gain in the overall picture vs how it is portrayed.

Nuance.

Might be a word you learn the meaning of.

Quote:
The pipeline seems like win for a guy who drives a Denali and a RAM truck.
Why...it is not going to effect the price at the pump.

Quote:
Your one post about a exporting LNG had no relevance to this discussion. .
Now this is where you are wrong.

We tax imported ethanol to support higher gas prices here in the states, why not restrict exports to lower gas prices here in the states.

Why are we putting our enviorment at risk so some refinery makes money and some folks in South America get cheaper fuel.

Now if we put our enviorment at rish to lower our cost at the pump, I'm all for that.

Let them import it and refine it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Would you rather have american jobs and cheaper energy?
6500 jobs for two years...that is really not much of a dent in the overall picture.

How does this provide us with cheaper energy?

We are exporting the refined product.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #111
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Ok, I didn't like Bush, but Obama hasn't had a movie made about his assassination. Reagan was called a doddering old fool. Clinton was called a lot of bad things. To say that Obama has endured more disrespect than other presidents is nonsense.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #112
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Now why do you think they would TransCanada would not have had a plan around the aquifer?
Who knows? But if they really want to build it, they'll go around the aquifer.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #113
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Because you only heard what you wanted to hear, and saw what you wanted to see. The excoriation of Bush II was shrill, but since you probably agreed with the detractors, you didn't see it as criticism or disrespect.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #114
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Nuance.

Might be a word you learn the meaning of.
You need to learn the meaning of it. Its like the "Red Herring" phrase you misused for over a year.

Quote:
Why...it is not going to effect the price at the pump.
Maybe yes, maybe no but it is a product you use.

Quote:
Now this is where you are wrong.

We tax imported ethanol to support higher gas prices here in the states, why not restrict exports to lower gas prices here in the states.

Why are we putting our enviorment at risk so some refinery makes money and some folks in South America get cheaper fuel.

Now if we put our enviorment at rish to lower our cost at the pump, I'm all for that.

Let them import it and refine it.
The article I referred to is http://www.chron.com/business/articl...-S-2642905.php

Doesn't say anything about ethanol. Doesn't say anything about the Keystone pipeline. Yes if we export a product we have in abundance here it may cause the price to rise (or it may not) locally. Article doesn't say much of anything about environment risks. Must be another WTF "nuance."...Just keep driving WTF!
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #115
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:

Crickets. Except LilStevie has the giggles. And probably the munchies.

So you work for the Federal govt?
You seriously want to take this conversation toward commenting on your stated RUMOR of the Dems pushing Obama to pass this after 2012? And you wonder why I laugh at your estimate of SCORES of permanent jobs?

Grow a brain.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #116
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
You seriously want to take this conversation toward commenting on your stated RUMOR of the Dems pushing Obama to pass this after 2012? And you wonder why I laugh at you estimate of SCORES of permanent jobs?

Grow a brain.
You are forgetting the new jobs at the refinery.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #117
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
WORD! These morons are just closet racists who couldn't fathom the cause and effect if it bit them in the ass. Tax cuts do NOT create jobs. Bush proved that! Grow the military expenditures and you must find revenue to cover it. Instead, Bush gave an additional tax cut to the mythical "job creators".
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #118
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
WORD! These morons are just closet racists who couldn't fathom the cause and effect if it bit them in the ass. Tax cuts do NOT create jobs. Bush proved that! Grow the military expenditures and you must find revenue to cover it. Instead, Bush gave an additional tax cut to the mythical "job creators".
So sayeth the blind man.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #119
Milehigh65
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Because you only heard what you wanted to hear, and saw what you wanted to see. The excoriation of Bush II was shrill, but since you probably agreed with the detractors, you didn't see it as criticism or disrespect.
You have no idea what I've seen or heard. What you describe is a classic case of how individuals are portriad to the public by the media. Again my position remains the same there has been no President in my life time that has been literally blackballed by congress to the extent where nothing gets accomplished.
Milehigh65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #120
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
You have no idea what I've seen or heard. What you describe is a classic case of how individuals are portriad to the public by the media. Again my position remains the same there has been no President in my life time that has been literally blackballed by congress to the extent where nothing gets accomplished.
Then you have lived a truly sheltered life.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women