Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
test
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70787
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60798
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48626
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42465
CryptKicker37210
The_Waco_Kid36919
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 08-15-2023, 10:35 AM   #106
paintedbynumbers
Premium Access

Encounters: 52

This is 100% correct! I was given points for suggesting people go to Erie (less than 2 hrs from Pittsburgh) or Canada with better options. I was told the topic wasn't about Erie or Canada. Well no shit it wasn't but I was giving intel not going off topic. Hell, all the mod had to do was look at my previous pattern of giving advice and intel but no he instead went right to the points. Like many of us are saying different strokes for different folks.Look at how many people consistantly go off topic. They should have accumulated enough pts to be banned but somehow aren't. Maybe it is just a game to some. We aren't asking for much, just a level playing field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
You want this to be cut and dry, but it’s very easy to get dinged for going off-topic by replying directly to what the other person said. The OP veers off SLIGHTLY away from the topic of the original post, you reply to that reply, and BOOM, off-topic infraction. And I know that those people are getting infractions for going off topic, because they do it every day, in every thread.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:53 AM   #107
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

It's not about what I want El-mo. It's a simple framework.

Use it. Don't use it. Your call.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:17 PM   #108
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
It's called baiting. They do enforce that
I doubt they enforce that. Or if they do, they're not enforcing it nearly enough. Same few posters do it every day - which is kinda the point of this entire thread - the tables are tilted.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:18 PM   #109
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

Are those complaining in this threAD paying attention to HD? I will say it again, he fucking gets it. What he is preaching is correct, 100% correct. Listen to the man.

One of the site admins has told you I am giving you all solid advice, so take this advice. You cannot and will not change Eccie. No matter how many threADs you start or how many posts about this you make. You absolutely will not get a mod removed or disciplined this way. Believe me when I say that I have a lot more knowledge of how this site operates than the rest of you, with the the exception of WD.

Do you all not remember HD suggesting the local political forum idea like 2 years ago? I do. I told him then he would not change Eccie. I am telling you all the same thing now.

About the new points brought up, the rules regarding baiting do exist, but baiting is a very hard thing to prove when the instigator understands the guidelines and knows how to navigate in the gray. I play in the gray often, I currently have zero points. I don’t even think I have accumulated enough points lifetime to be banned if they all were counted at once.

The percentage of posts that could be deemed off topic is insanely high, higher than just about all of you probably realize. Its a discussion I have been involved in with many different members, mods and admins. The fact that you all aren't being dinged points regularly for being off topic more often actually demonstrates that you are not being targeted. How w do I know you aren’t being dinged points for off topic? Because it took this far into this threAD for it to even come up.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:30 PM   #110
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
First. I’m republican. Just not to the extremes seen here. The sandbox gets plenty of the far right circle jerk, so I give the occasional moderate view.

Second, and for about the 100th time, the problem isn’t understanding what or how things need to be worded (playing “the game” as you put it). It’s become obvious to at least the 15 or so guys here plus others that the Pittsburgh forums aren’t moderated evenly.

Read the 2nd paragraph over and over till you understand.
Lots of people think they are Republicans. Lots of other Republicans disagree with them.

What has become obvious is that “15 or so guys plus others” just cannot seem to understand how things work here even as a site admin tells them this. HD and I can say things that DJ cannot because we are not staff, notice that none of Eccie staff is chiming in saying we are wrong, quite the opposite is occurring.

Let me be blunt. The forums here in Pittsburgh are NOT being moderated unevenly. Some people play chess, some play checkers and some keep putting their hand into the same fire over and over again and wondering why it burns every time. That is all that is occurring here, nothing more.

You don't have to like how they are moderated, I certainly don’t but saying they are not moderated evenly is just not accurate.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:29 PM   #111
El-mo
Premium Access

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post

Some people play chess, some play checkers and some keep putting their hand into the same fire over and over again and wondering why it burns every time. That is all that is occurring here, nothing more.

Herein lies the problem. Both approaches presuppose there's some sort of game - some competition to be won. Only a select group of people are playing any game at all. Most people just want open discussion, but a handful seem to want to bait people into violations. It’s toxic and frankly, juvenile.
Old 08-18-2023, 04:34 AM   #112
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
Herein lies the problem. Both approaches presuppose there's some sort of game - some competition to be won. Only a select group of people are playing any game at all. Most people just want open discussion, but a handful seem to want to bait people into violations. It’s toxic and frankly, juvenile.
You aren’t totally wrong, but you also won’t change it.. Welcome to Eccie.
Old 08-18-2023, 04:37 PM   #113
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

You can have plenty of discussions, from open to pointed to downright normal.

The key is participating. Not in every thread. Not in the obvious troll threads.

Make some of your own.

Wanna talk sports? Let's go.

Weather? Bring it on.

Music? Movies? Games? Food? The price of tea in China? I got you, buddy.

Let's focus on the shit we have in common.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:23 PM   #114
tolstoy
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post
Are those complaining in this threAD paying attention to HD? I will say it again, he fucking gets it. What he is preaching is correct, 100% correct. Listen to the man.

One of the site admins has told you I am giving you all solid advice, so take this advice. You cannot and will not change Eccie. No matter how many threADs you start or how many posts about this you make. You absolutely will not get a mod removed or disciplined this way. Believe me when I say that I have a lot more knowledge of how this site operates than the rest of you, with the the exception of WD.

Do you all not remember HD suggesting the local political forum idea like 2 years ago? I do. I told him then he would not change Eccie. I am telling you all the same thing now.

About the new points brought up, the rules regarding baiting do exist, but baiting is a very hard thing to prove when the instigator understands the guidelines and knows how to navigate in the gray. I play in the gray often, I currently have zero points. I don’t even think I have accumulated enough points lifetime to be banned if they all were counted at once.

The percentage of posts that could be deemed off topic is insanely high, higher than just about all of you probably realize. Its a discussion I have been involved in with many different members, mods and admins. The fact that you all aren't being dinged points regularly for being off topic more often actually demonstrates that you are not being targeted. How w do I know you aren’t being dinged points for off topic? Because it took this far into this threAD for it to even come up.
As long as most of the "drama" and "points" and "bannings" occur/derive from the "politics" section, and all that Does Not Invade and Corrupt the "hobby" threads, then so be it. It's when mods/admins give "points" and "bannings" for "going off-topic" in hobby threads when this site starts to resemble the old 2003/2004 era ASPD with all the Texas mods. And assume the many (many) people who are complaining here on this specific thread are "the tip of the iceberg" and more agree with them and don't want to post and get involved in all the "drama" etc...

I don't know who the mystery-mod is who is giving out all the points and I don't know who the local PGH poster is who is drawing so much attention and ire for receiving "special treatment", etc. I can predict who I think the latter poster is but I'm not involved in (current) site-wide drama to know who it is....

THIS is what KILLS hobby-sites, just like ASPD in late 2004. Scores of posters (they all have posted on this thread) have a specific problem with how (they think) mods are operating on this board. They refer to one or more posters who they think are getting special treatment. A general response of "Things won't change. Don't even try it" assessment won't alleviate all the bad-blood that exists on this site. And apparently most of it revolves around one (1) mod and one (1) poster who are causing the problems. And you want guys here to Not....Post and Not....Complain about it? That's one way of dealing with it. Not dealing with it at all....

Again, I don't know the specific mod and the specific poster everyone here is referring to. I have a pretty good idea I know who the poster is. So is everyone here supposed to NOT address the issues which they (apparently) think are ruining this site? Everyone is supposed to just "look the other way" from the specific mod and the specific poster who they all think are in some buddy-buddy courtship and coalition together? Just look the other way? Guys here seem to be airing some legitimate issues and complaints....
Old 08-19-2023, 08:29 PM   #115
paintedbynumbers
Premium Access

Encounters: 52

This is all spot on. I haven't had issues with the poster in question in fact I have some of the same beliefs as him,. However, I will say it is questionable that he hasn't been banned. Just being honest. But that could probably be said about a lot of us. I was a frequent ASPD poster and it's how I got into hobbying. If we don't learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them. You have a lot of members here voicing concern and instead of addressing the issues we are told not to talk about the mod who is giving many of us unwarranted points. The good thing is that DJ did tell us that we could RTM unwanted warnings or points. As that was news to me and hopefully others also. But to tell us that we are walking a thin line by mentioning the guy is flat out the wrong way to work and will only cause more issues than had you just addressed the issue with the many members having them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolstoy View Post
As long as most of the "drama" and "points" and "bannings" occur/derive from the "politics" section, and all that Does Not Invade and Corrupt the "hobby" threads, then so be it. It's when mods/admins give "points" and "bannings" for "going off-topic" in hobby threads when this site starts to resemble the old 2003/2004 era ASPD with all the Texas mods. And assume the many (many) people who are complaining here on this specific thread are "the tip of the iceberg" and more agree with them and don't want to post and get involved in all the "drama" etc...

I don't know who the mystery-mod is who is giving out all the points and I don't know who the local PGH poster is who is drawing so much attention and ire for receiving "special treatment", etc. I can predict who I think the latter poster is but I'm not involved in (current) site-wide drama to know who it is....

THIS is what KILLS hobby-sites, just like ASPD in late 2004. Scores of posters (they all have posted on this thread) have a specific problem with how (they think) mods are operating on this board. They refer to one or more posters who they think are getting special treatment. A general response of "Things won't change. Don't even try it" assessment won't alleviate all the bad-blood that exists on this site. And apparently most of it revolves around one (1) mod and one (1) poster who are causing the problems. And you want guys here to Not....Post and Not....Complain about it? That's one way of dealing with it. Not dealing with it at all....

Again, I don't know the specific mod and the specific poster everyone here is referring to. I have a pretty good idea I know who the poster is. So is everyone here supposed to NOT address the issues which they (apparently) think are ruining this site? Everyone is supposed to just "look the other way" from the specific mod and the specific poster who they all think are in some buddy-buddy courtship and coalition together? Just look the other way? Guys here seem to be airing some legitimate issues and complaints....
Old 08-20-2023, 05:09 AM   #116
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolstoy View Post

I agree with most of this. There is nothing wrong with complaining and making voices heard. However doing so on regular intervals over the span of multiple years is futile. The last time this happened both site admins, DJ and Biomed, chimed in. DJ is still actively involved in the Pittsburgh forums. And I have to assume since this ThreAD that more of the members here complaining are hitting the RTM about their grievances. Staff is and has been for at least a year and more likely 2+ years aware of these complaints and watching our forums. Has anything changed? If one poster or a group of posters is seeming to get preferential treatment at this point it would basically mean that most or even all of Eccie staff was in on it. Or do you find it more likely that the posters in question are just better at navigating the guidelines? This turned from protest to witch hunt a long time ago. Within this ThreAD is everything that one needs to know how to navigate the guidelines with the same level of impunity that others enjoy. Its up to those complaining to modify their behavior accordingly.

The part of your statement I disagree with is what killed this site. FOSTA did a lot of damage here that cannot be undone. But beyond that Pittsburgh was a wasteland long before FOSTA due to how the women were treated here, The local girls were used to being coddled on Indys and Eccie is the polar opposite of that.
Old 08-20-2023, 08:10 AM   #117
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

We say learn from mistakes, but I see many of the same ones being repeated ad nauseum.

In many ways its like watching body cam DUI footage for a few hours, and you see the major patterns.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:54 PM   #118
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Since I think, I'll be getting banned for another post I want everyone to see the bullshit that is going on with The DR
Please see How can you hijack your own thread? Under, Questions for the staff Pittsburgh
When I ask why a thread wasn't classified as hijack this s the answer I got

(Staff edit - Posting private communications)

The Dr
see bullshit, Oh btw I was told by thr DR not to post this when I ask permission to.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:47 AM   #119
Wetnwild6969
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Without getting into details, I will AGREE that this site has become quite the dotard of forums where there are ppl who are "in", and they are the ones who hit the RTM button like whiner babies. Plus the communication here is for shit; ie- if you get a point for something, it doesn't even get told to you unless you get banned. Then there is a full accounting, but if you get a warning or the like, there isn't even a point assessment that goes with it. Oh yeah- the mods can throw whatever amount of points they want at you if you insult one of their precious mouthpieces on the board. I was on a time-out from exactly that, and it was actually nice. I met more ladies and had a ton of fun, but the forum that was set up to share information on that, has become more of a fountain for conspiracy pirates to blow ass out all over the place about politics. And if you don't agree, you have one choice. Leave. There is no room for your voice, or opinion, or slant on a topic. The topic police here are just full of themselves- (you know who you are).
I'm still fairly new here, aside from everything else, I did see a section in my profile appear after my first warning where it shows your points. I'm not sure if maybe this is a new feature, or are you saying the points wont actually show up there? My warning was for something pretty tame, not sure if we are allowed to talk about that so I won't go into specifics, I forgot to click a button. So I'm not sure if every warning warrants giving points.
Old 09-10-2023, 04:08 PM   #120
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetnwild6969 View Post
I'm still fairly new here, aside from everything else, I did see a section in my profile appear after my first warning where it shows your points. I'm not sure if maybe this is a new feature, or are you saying the points wont actually show up there? My warning was for something pretty tame, not sure if we are allowed to talk about that so I won't go into specifics, I forgot to click a button. So I'm not sure if every warning warrants giving points.

by default a new account doesn't have an infraction tab, it only appears when a user gets an infraction or warning.

believe it or not there are plenty of users here who've never received even a warning let alone an infraction.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women