Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162960
Yssup Rider60615
gman4453267
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48556
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42205
CryptKicker37193
The_Waco_Kid36567
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #16
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
That's basically against the Alumni Associations Policy.
and the NCAA

my two went to ut (may mack rest in peace) and it was $100,000 a piece 10 years ago, given ut is one of the most expensive public schools

I would say $100,000 to $400,000 across the country
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Submodo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

You brother IS getting paid. If he is on scholarship, he entered into a contract with the university whereby his athletic participation would be compensated for with tuition, room, board, health care, tutoring. All tax free, I might add.

Not sure where your brother attends, but 5 years at Stanford would cost ~250,000. Again, tax free.

I understand the problem of not being able to transfer his compensation into current cash for spending money... but he is always free to terminate his contract and get a job at McD's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylove12 View Post
My brother plays football for a very large university. They are very good and on espn all time. They had a big win this weekend and a couple of hours after the game, my brother called me for money. Now while I don't mind helping my brother, I just think with all the money the schools get from TV, ticket sales, food and donations, why couldn't they give more back to the student athletes. If he gets anything form anyone but me, they investigate, so what are they supposed to do? He gets a small amount from the NCAA, but that's not enough. They should figure something out. Paying for two college students is a pain. Lol
Submodo is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
That's basically against the Alumni Associations Policy.
I'm pretty sure that obstacle can be overcome. Rich guys like their football team to win.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
I'm pretty sure that obstacle can be overcome. Rich guys like their football team to win.
It shouldn't have to be overcome. It should be abided by. It dilutes the athlete as a student and places to much pressure on him that he may not live up to.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
ladylove12
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 202882
My ECCIE Reviews

If I had a full scholarship, I could get gifts and people could give me money if they wanted to help me out. NCAA players can't get anything not given to them by the NCAA. That's fair? No it's not.
ladylove12 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
ladylove12
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submodo View Post
You brother IS getting paid. If he is on scholarship, he entered into a contract with the university whereby his athletic participation would be compensated for with tuition, room, board, health care, tutoring. All tax free, I might add.

Not sure where your brother attends, but 5 years at Stanford would cost ~250,000. Again, tax free.

I understand the problem of not being able to transfer his compensation into current cash for spending money... but he is always free to terminate his contract and get a job at McD's.
Not being able to get anything but what they give you is the problem.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #22
ladylove12
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
I agree completely. It is time to let them earn money. A college degree is almost worthless these days, anyway, might as well let them make some money because very few go pro.
In a way, it is somewhat amusing - you make more money with an audience of one than he makes with an audience of millions!!
Ain't that the truth. Lol
Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #23
ladylove12
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
if you start paying one student athlete, you will have to pay all of the student athletes.
I don't see why, not all the athletes are on scholarship, so why do they all have to be paid. I could see if the whole team was on scholarship, but only the best get their school paid for. Is that fair then?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #24
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
It shouldn't have to be overcome. It should be abided by. It dilutes the athlete as a student and places to much pressure on him that he may not live up to.
The student athlete paradigm is a joke. Last I checked most S/As who did graduate majored in something akin to P.E. I don't see how college basketball players even attend classes from January thru March.

Letting the alumns pay them takes the financial burden off the University. Of course, some may see their alumni contributions decline. But the coaches in top 50 Div I schools in football and basketball are making easy $300K+ plus shoe deals plus other revenue streams. Many are making millions.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #25
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
and the NCAA

my two went to ut (may mack rest in peace) and it was $100,000 a piece 10 years ago, given ut is one of the most expensive public schools

I would say $100,000 to $400,000 across the country
When I went to UT, it cost 4 dollars per semester hour, I lived in a rented room at 200 per month, bills paid, and served lunch and dinner at the AZD house for free chow. I still remember it quite fondly.
Probably whipped up on Assup Rider in pickup basketball at Gregory Gym, too.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
The student athlete paradigm is a joke. Last I checked most S/As who did graduate majored in something akin to P.E. I don't see how college basketball players even attend classes from January thru March.

Letting the alumns pay them takes the financial burden off the University. Of course, some may see their alumni contributions decline. But the coaches in top 50 Div I schools in football and basketball are making easy $300K+ plus shoe deals plus other revenue streams. Many are making millions.
It doesn't matter, the schools primary premise is for education. Many good College Athletes that are even pro worthy tote some pretty good degrees. Paying College Athletes is almost like throwing education out the window. Ya can't play any sport forever and there is never any guarantees. Education is something you'll always have.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #27
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

If you pay the student athletes shouldn't you pay the other students for their meaningful but less flashy contributions? What is worth more? A cure for cancer or someone who can catch anything throw his way.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #28
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submodo View Post

+1

Quote:
Not being able to get anything but what they give you is the problem.
Like Submodo posted above: "They are getting paid." Housing, food, education and very good health care: that's fundamentally why most people work. Yet, student athletes often receive more than many working stiffs get for their daily efforts, and some student athletes ungraciously do not think they are being justly rewarded.

To imagine that student athletes should be paid now for what they are foregoing in the professional realm is to turn the whole system on its head. As JD pointed out, all students are foregoing immediate earning potential for the sake of gaining an education. It's called "delayed gratification," but it takes maturity to accept that reality.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #29
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
I don't see why, not all the athletes are on scholarship, so why do they all have to be paid. I could see if the whole team was on scholarship, but only the best get their school paid for. Is that fair then?
there are student athletes playing other sports other than football or basketball that are also on full scholarships. even though they don't necessarily bring in revenue for the school (cause who really cares about the bowling team) those athletes will also want the same payouts.
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #30
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
It doesn't matter, the schools primary premise is for education. Many good College Athletes that are even pro worthy tote some pretty good degrees. Paying College Athletes is almost like throwing education out the window. Ya can't play any sport forever and there is never any guarantees. Education is something you'll always have.
We are talking about "letting the market decide" when, for the most part concerning football, we are talking about a monopoly enforced by the NCAA dedicated to keeping cost low. Again, nobody has come up with a decent counter argument to letting the alumni augment the price. Its happening whether you like it or not. Some of you sound like subscribers to the "Longhorn network."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
If you pay the student athletes shouldn't you pay the other students for their meaningful but less flashy contributions? What is worth more? A cure for cancer or someone who can catch anything throw his way.
Are 80,000 people willing to pay $75 a pop minimum to watch their "contribution?" What are "research grants" for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
there are student athletes playing other sports other than football or basketball that are also on full scholarships. even though they don't necessarily bring in revenue for the school (cause who really cares about the bowling team) those athletes will also want the same payouts.
You talking about section 9 programs? Have you seen how much wrestling programs have dwindled in the last 20 years?
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women