Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70754
biomed162920
Yssup Rider60568
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48531
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42093
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36481
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 09-03-2021, 08:59 PM   #16
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaGambler View Post
I completely agree about Newt et al getting to share the credit with "Bubba" lol

As for Long Term Cap Gains rates, personally I think 20% or at the very most the 23.8% (including the Obamacare tax) we are at currently is more than high enough. 43.4% is suicidal for our economy and I honestly don't see it happening unless and until the country has swung so far left as to have elected a Bernie Sanders/AOC ticket to the White House and we aren't there quite yet lol

Back to Clinton, the worst thing that did happen under his watch and just one of the many reasons I despise Andrew Cuomo was the fact that the housing crisis was directly caused by his policy of "affirmative action" for housing. Yes, George Bush didn't do anything to stop it so he bears some of the responsibility too, but there is no doubt to any objective observation of the facts that the housing crisis and later melt down started under Clinton with Andrew Cuomo being the chief architect of the crisis.
Yeah, Bush gets a lot more blame than he should have for the 2008/2009 economic crisis. Asleep-at-the wheel regulators, Barney Frank, Cuomo when he was at HUD, and a lot of other Democratic and Republican politicians were as responsible.

If you're interested in the capital gains issue, you might take a look over in the "Who's going to pay for all this shit" thread. Captain Midnight, a brilliant economist who doesn't post much any more, weighed in there today. I wish he and LustyLad would visit more often on the economy-related topics. The disprove the maxim that you can't learn anything of value in a political forum on a hooker board.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:12 PM   #17
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Please reply tomorrow -- why do you think that? What social impact did he have? Honestly that was a long time ago and I wasn't as politically conscious as I am now, so I'm partly asking out of curiosity. But I don't remember anything negative with respect to what he actually did re: social issues. Or at least anything more negative than other politicians.

He's a hero in Eastern Europe and the Balkans. There are streets named after him. He ended the cold war without a shot being fired.
Today as I'm angry and drunk:

He's a heartless monster in one specific community.

Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation » Our Story

https://elizabethtayloraidsfoundation.org/story/

Quote:
As ignorance, fear, and prejudice fueled the emerging HIV/AIDS epidemic, Elizabeth simply could not remain quiet. She used her massive celebrity platform to speak truth to power, exposing the injustice of society’s response to the disease. Her unyielding conviction and passion raised hundreds of millions of dollars, changed the hearts and minds of a generation, and saved countless lives.

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #18
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I didn't know that. I read up on it a little and it sounds like 47,000 people had been infected, and a smaller number had died by 1987 when the Reagan administration and the rest of the country really started to take notice. Yes, in retrospect, the press secretary's comments were deplorable.

Btw, you've had people here in this forum criticize Fauci for not initially taking AIDS seriously. Activists were jumping up and down trying to get him to provide funding, and it took a while for him and the rest of the bureaucracy to swing into action.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:08 PM   #19
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I didn't know that. I read up on it a little and it sounds like 47,000 people had been infected, and a smaller number had died by 1987 when the Reagan administration and the rest of the country really started to take notice. Yes, in retrospect, the press secretary's comments were deplorable.

Btw, you've had people here in this forum criticize Fauci for not initially taking AIDS seriously. Activists were jumping up and down trying to get him to provide funding, and it took a while for him and the rest of the bureaucracy to swing into action.
I hear ya' on the Fauci thing and infectious diseases. I listen to NPR quite often and heard he had a "friend" in the fight against AIDS. He recalled a story where his adversary was arrested while imploring his office to take serious action.

He exchanged first-name basis pleasantries with his former dinner guest as he was hauled off to jail from the building where Tony worked.

I think The_Waco_Kid brought up the Fauci AIDS melodrama. Early in the Corona virus days.

I don't recall seeing, reading or hearing any evidence of it, but my guess is Reagan just let them faggots die. Like he should have. On the street. Like the cold-hearted mush-brain he was.

The Associated Press video of his assassination attempt on YouTube is no longer up. Or else I would post it again.

Time for another beer.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women