Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162767
Yssup Rider60471
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48487
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41829
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36226
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #16
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Purchases made with a debit card where you sign for the transaction (no pin used) are as just as protected as those made with a credit card. You are out the money until they credit your account but most banks (Chase, BofA, etc) do it in 48 hours or so.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Purchases made with a debit card where you sign for the transaction (no pin used) are as just as protected as those made with a credit card. You are out the money until they credit your account but most banks (Chase, BofA, etc) do it in 48 hours or so.
that's correct, i had a Visa backed debit card that got counterfeited by some dudes in Italy .. yes Italy and it was tied to my savings account, they got $9,000. i got it all back in a few days. now my debit card isn't tied to any other account for overdrafts, they could only get what's in the account at the time which i keep under $200 or so at any time.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #18
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I haven't used a hand-written check in a decade so I think there must be a gap in my education... how do you make purchases in those places using a debit card if you don't have the card to swipe? Do they still have those paper credit card carbons hidden away and do they let you fill them in by hand without ID? Interested to know...

Edit: I understand card counterfeiting, but that requires a level of sophistication that the average sales clerk isn't going to have access to. Just wondering if there is another way.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #19
Boltfan

They would have to have someone at these places that are participating, especially if it was discovered quickly. If you have the card number, exp and CID you can manually process the card. Lots of people can get fired IF this is true. If they did it online most merchants require zip verification of the purchasing card or they require the product to be shipped to the same address as the debit card billing address. If it was done online the person also had this dudes billing zip code for these particular merchants.

I think it is important for people to be educated about how to protect their information. There is zero risk when using debit or credit cards. It is in your cardholder agreement that you are protected as long as you report unauthorized charges or lost cards within a particular amount of time. Heck they even limit your losses if your PIN is exposed if reported within a certain period. Chase is 48 hours according to my cardholder agreement.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #20
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
They would have to have someone at these places that are participating, ...
Ok, that's what I thought but it didn't seem to compute. In other words, the OP was ripped off by a sales clerk who had to have connections willing to use their employee ids to do manual processing of stolen card details at Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, AND Target – or else who had access to card counterfeiters. Hmmm...

Either way, I imagine the cops would be all over this kind of sophisticated theft.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #21
Boltfan

The credit card companies are covered if the theft was pulled by a merchant that did not follow their card acceptance agreement. If you cannot swipe the card you are required to make an imprint (and customers must allow the imprint per their cardholder agreement) or risk getting charged back. If you imprint the card you are protected as a merchant.

Most times these small time scams are pulled by morons who are quick with the scheme but short on the long term plan to cover their ass. They will likely get caught and fired.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
Guest101614
Account Disabled

actually you are not automatically covered. Banks cover the transactions as a courtesy to their customers. Yes fraud is covered but you would have to prove that fraud was committed which I'm telling you isn't easy. I went to dallas, desoto, duncanville, plano, arlington, and GP and all of them told me basically to f off this is the holidays and they don't have time to investigate it. When all they would have to do is call and get video footage. I reported the exact time and locations and I'm sure gas stations can get video footage for at least 72 hours. Duncanville is the only one that half seemed to care and took all my info.

As far as the card itself no they don't have to be involved. Thieves can make copies of your credit card and use them just as if they are theirs using high tech electronic equipment. Just google it for info.
Guest101614 is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #23
Boltfan

Actually you are automatically covered. You typically have to sign an affidavit of fraud but you ARE automatically covered. If your bank is telling you different you need to read your cardholder agreement or you aren't telling us the whole story.

The language is standard in Visa, MC, AMEX and Discover cardholder agreements whether they be credit or debit cards. Most of the language is governed by state and federal law.

As for your conspiracy theories, while it can happen it likely didn't happen. The more prevalent and more likely form of fraud is when someone copies down your credit card info and shares it with their friends for a quick 24-48 hour spending spree before you discover what happened.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

If your bank is trying to assess you for charges or withdrawals that you didn't make, you need to see a lawyer. This should be on them, not on you.

Show up in person at your bank and ask to see an officer. Explain that you didn't with draw the money. Ask if they should cover it. If they say no, ask why not and ask to get a copy of the Depositor Agreement that covers your account and ask them to show you where it says that you are liable for transactions that are made by someone else. Keep the copy and leave if they persist. Be polite, but be persistent. Then head to your lawyer's office.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #25
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Default speaking of f***king banks

I deposited a business check on Monday and it was returned Thursday. Chase is trying to charge me $34 for EVERY transaction since Monday. Total charges are like $3900. I will tell them screw you, I will file for bankruptcy before I pay that
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #26
Guest041913
Account Disabled

User ID: 23344
My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up Sorry for your loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBizzer View Post
Sorry, that sucks, wouldn't wish bad shit Lile that on anyone. Good to hear youll be credited back the full amount.
I did get a kick out of the above statement. I would think of all the things a thief might spend your money on, buying kids Christmas presents would be about the best possible scenario. I thought I read you wrong the first time, had to read it twice. Are you The Grinch? That might explain the other thread, too. Now it's all coming together.

I've had people steal from me from time to time too. I truly believe what you
do to someone comes back to you tenfold - if you steal from someone, something
much worse will happen to you! PLUS, I have seen it happen first hand, the payback
is much worse than any kind of revenge I could have ever dished out myself!
I have to agree with TheBizzer, maybe this person wanted to give his/her
children a good Christmas, even if he/she went about the completely wrong and illegal
way! Again, this person was completely wrong for what he/she did and I am sorry for
all the trouble this has caused you!
Merry Kissmas with Lots of Hugs!!!
Maria of DFW
Guest041913 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #27
Boltfan

Wowza,

What were we talking about?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #28
Guest101614
Account Disabled

Thanks everyone got my money back. Thnks for all the info and support.
Guest101614 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #29
Sweet Heather
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7225
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow. Sorry for your loss UNTEAGLE, especially at this time of year. With all the stress related to this time of year, and then this.
Sweet Heather is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #30
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by unteagle View Post
Thanks everyone got my money back. Thnks for all the info and support.
Thats great babe.
Tara Evans is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women