Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70744
biomed162848
Yssup Rider60518
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48513
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41988
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36379
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: If you have the opportunity to do business with someone you know from here how do you handle it?
I would mention our common interests discretely and let them decide 23 38.33%
I would go forward and never mention out common interest 21 35.00%
I would go forward and mention our common interest after compleing the transaction 2 3.33%
I would refer it to an associate and stay out of it entirely 2 3.33%
I would ignore the opportunity 5 8.33%
I would use our common interests to my advantage to help "close the deal" if needed! 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #16
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
The Dealerships may be licensed but the Sales Staff are not.... So the system brakes down at that level...

I've worked the floor of a few dealerships over the years and belive me.... Cut a deal to buy a car.... then back out and don't be surprised where your personal info lands....

I knew more than a few with lousy attitudes that will feed ya to the wolves.
I can tell you unequivocably that in today's world of auto sales ( I am the GM of a dealership) if someone's info did wind up out there somewhere, the penalties are very severe and do not just extend to the corporate entity or the "owner". In today's world of OFAC and Red Flag rules they now prosecute down to and through the GM to the Sales Manager, Finance Manager, and the sales person. In cases where the "corporate entity" is the only target of the action, there is legal precedent for the company or organization to gain recourse from the employee. Most organizations can and do look to the employee that created the transgression to make them "whole".

This can happen in any industry, but car dealers come under the scruntity of the FTC, DOT, TXDOT, OCC and many other organizations on a regular basis.

Personally in my store, if the titling paperwork has not been processed, or the documents have not been completed (legal requirements set forth by the state and federal government) and a customer wants to change their mind or back out, we let them. There is no logical reason for a business to "force" a customer, that does not want to do business with them, to do so. Particularily in a transaction that lasts for a long time like a car. It is just not worth the brain damage for either party
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #17
Risn2TheOccasion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
TCut a deal to buy a car.... then back out and don't be surprised where your personal info lands....
Always remember, discretion is a two way street. Screw somebody over and karma has a way of coming back with a vengeance. However, I have also learned in sales, positive experiences create more business through word of mouth, even if they didn't buy from you.
Risn2TheOccasion is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #18
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risn2TheOccasion View Post
However, I have also learned in sales, positive experiences create more business through word of mouth, even if they didn't buy from you.
This is something I stress to my staff all the time.

We follow it, and we make a lot more commission than our peers. And we don't lie or cheat or otherwise decieve to get it. You CAN be successful and honest too.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #19
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

I just want to clear something up...

I didn't say I supported it.... Just that I've witnessed it.....

I've seen it in many a Used Car Dept.....

Some of those guys are creative as well as vindictive.....

I've seen paycheck stubs, rental histories and insurance docs generated and altered as well....

Every Business is as vulnerable as it's weakest link.....
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #20
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

I think most of us guys here are business men to some degree. What if we had a forum for the exchange of services? It could be the kind of thing where you had to read and acknowledge an agreement/privacy statement or something. Then we could post mini ads or something for services offered.

I would actually like to do business with a fellow hobbyist when it comes to auto service or home buying etc.. Because trust and discretion do work both ways, I would feel like a fellow hobbyist would be less likely to screw me over. And in a way you already know the guy.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #21
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcaSxT View Post
I think most of us guys here are business men to some degree. What if we had a forum for the exchange of services? It could be the kind of thing where you had to read and acknowledge an agreement/privacy statement or something. Then we could post mini ads or something for services offered.

I would actually like to do business with a fellow hobbyist when it comes to auto service or home buying etc.. Because trust and discretion do work both ways, I would feel like a fellow hobbyist would be less likely to screw me over. And in a way you already know the guy.
This sounds like a great idea. I would be interested in participating if it comes to pass.
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #22
Kit-4-Kat
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 1399
My ECCIE Reviews

SOFAKINGFUN: It all boils down to the integrity of that individual and developing a trust in order for a business relationship to be successful and healthy.

Very true and applies to any form of relationship - business, personal/intimate, family or friends. Without honesty there is no trust as they are the foundation.

RECKASXT: would actually like to do business with a fellow hobbyist when it comes to auto service or home buying etc.. Because trust and discretion do work both ways, I would feel like a fellow hobbyist would be less likely to screw me over. And in a way you already know the guy.

After moving to Austin from Ft. Worth, I no longer had the benefit of my own personal & trustworthy mechanic - dear old Dad - and have been screwed over so many times. Very frustrating to spend thousands of dollars and still have constant issues. I have done business with some of our members - specifically for car repairs -for the very reasons rekcasxt noted above. I don't have a problem paying for the services in cold hard cash. I merely want the added security of working w/ someone who comes recommended or has instilled in me some trust. At this rate of neverending issues, though, I think I'm gonna need to talk to someone else. Soooo, uhhhhh... SpaceMtn, think you could help me out? hehehe

We're part of a pretty unique community and I would hope that we could trust the more honest members to be the same no matter what the context. There's plenty of personal info and ideas exchanged here to demonstrate whether or not one is worthy of being trusted.

Good topic, Whiskers.

*spank myself*

~Kat~
Kit-4-Kat is offline   Quote