Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60237
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48399
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41294
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35708
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2024, 09:28 AM   #16
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... As usual, that's a fair-minded view from you, mate.
And you'd surely 'ave a point IF maybe the revision by
the labour people was 60 or 70 thousand.

... But 800,000 is no doubt waaaay beyonde any reasonable or
rational numbers count to be off-by.

... Which is why I do agree with Jackie and Farmstud here.

#### Salty
From the article:

There’s little reason to fret at the headline revision number, according to some economists. Goldman economist Walker wrote ahead of the Labor Department report the 818,000 downward revision is likely “erroneous” and “misleading,” estimating the new forecast likely overstated the error by 400,000 to 600,000, due in large part to the methodology mostly excluding unauthorized immigrants, a group which strongly contributes to overall job growth. “We're not sweating this report,” wrote Yardeni Research founder Ed Yardeni, who added the revision is largely “old news” considering it tracks employment data from several months ago.

Again the numbers are likely off because of the way they get their data.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 02:22 PM   #17
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksa...vernment-says/

One of the Kamala Harris talking points, (ie, lies), is the touting of “job Growth”.

Well, it seems the big lie is now being turned around, by over 800,000 jobs.

The Swamp is trying its best to make Harris/Biden look good, but it is like pouring perfume on a pig. Sooner or later the truth will come out.

Of course, this is just another big lie being perpetrated by Kamala as she tries to rebrand. Lie after lie after lie. She is beginning to make Joe abide n look like an amateur

How does she keep track.
The only single economic statistic that matters to the proletariat is the wealth gap. Growing in every single administration since Ronald Reagan. No matter party affiliation. The economy is the last thing any GOP constituent wants to die on. They are responsible for the majority of the national debt and have nearly pushed us into depression three times since Ronald Reagan. Trickle down and reverse Robin Hood the culprit.

Also, it's not as if the White House publishes those numbers. Get a grip. STOP
Daneskold1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 02:25 PM   #18
Daneskold1
BANNED

Do you have a citation to lend your claim any credibility? As is, not credible.

Just sayin'......
Old 08-24-2024, 02:27 PM   #19
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
From the article:

There’s little reason to fret at the headline revision number, according to some economists. Goldman economist Walker wrote ahead of the Labor Department report the 818,000 downward revision is likely “erroneous” and “misleading,” estimating the new forecast likely overstated the error by 400,000 to 600,000, due in large part to the methodology mostly excluding unauthorized immigrants, a group which strongly contributes to overall job growth. “We're not sweating this report,” wrote Yardeni Research founder Ed Yardeni, who added the revision is largely “old news” considering it tracks employment data from several months ago.

Again the numbers are likely off because of the way they get their data.
I humbly insist, you are attempting the equivalent of reasoning with toddlers. Recent head trauma suffering toddlers.

Please do not be disappointed if you do not achieve the desired result.
Old 08-25-2024, 10:23 PM   #20
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksa...vernment-says/

One of the Kamala Harris talking points, (ie, lies), is the touting of “job Growth”.

Well, it seems the big lie is now being turned around, by over 800,000 jobs.

The Swamp is trying its best to make Harris/Biden look good, but it is like pouring perfume on a pig. Sooner or later the truth will come out.

Of course, this is just another big lie being perpetrated by Kamala as she tries to rebrand. Lie after lie after lie. She is beginning to make Joe abide n look like an amateur

How does she keep track.
I have a friend who, believe it or not, may know as much as Texas Contrarian and Lusty Lad about macroeconomics. He was telling me when the employment numbers came out that they'd likely be revised downwards. If I recall correctly, he said they usually are. Far be it from a politician though not to jump on any fictitious number he can that he thinks will make him look good.

I'm reading that government jobs account for about 30% of the additional employment over the last year. To the extent those are federal government jobs, that's not as good for the economy as employment in the private sector, the engine of growth, IMHO. It's not bad if you can get one of those plum positions though. The average wage for federal workers is a little north of $100,000 per year.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 10:54 PM   #21
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

I suspect that when they do the first count, which consists of self reporting, the numbers contain a percentage of unofficial workers. I.E. illegal immigrants.

Those workers are then not represented in the official numbers which are calculated differently and at a later date.

But that’s just a wild ass guess on my part.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 08:22 PM   #22
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
I suspect that when they do the first count, which consists of self reporting, the numbers contain a percentage of unofficial workers. I.E. illegal immigrants.

Those workers are then not represented in the official numbers which are calculated differently and at a later date.

But that’s just a wild ass guess on my part.
That's possible. I'll ask my friend for some color the next time I speak with him.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women